Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 04:32 AM

404 posts, read 2,616,281 times

Advertisements

been watching long lake subdivision(on the net) for about a year-seems nice but houses seem to be sitting longer and longer and actually are being reduced.....Any new thoughts on long lake compared to dominion park.
Also,it seems there are alot of 4 bed 2 and a half bath units that look great with an office downstairs,but does anyuone know if these have a shower downstairs.thanks.....First floor bedrooms are hard to come by in this neighborhood it looks like.
This was an area that seemed to really jump in price quickly....
unrelated but-I also just noticed one of those cottages in bedford is down to 209,000-maybe its just the market overall,hope long lake goes down a little in price
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 AM

43 posts, read 221,176 times
Dominion Park has much more mature landscaping. Long Lake is pretty bare looking. You may find some 1st floor masters in houses on the the older side of Dominion Park and maybe a few on the newer side.

It looks to me like the houses in Long Lake are packed in a lot tighter than Dominion Park.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:20 PM

404 posts, read 2,616,281 times
i agree,
ive heard some areas in the 27613 get alot of airplane noise.
I really like the look of both areas,but long lake looks like smaller lots and it seems like the interior of the long lake homes dont look like they match the price.
It seems like most of the houses in dominion over 290,000 have wood floors,granite/stone counters/etc/
Some of the long lake homes at that price or higher ,have white walls,all carpet,vinyl in kitchen and bath ,white laminate looking countertops and cabinets.....I do like what i hear about both areas though.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 PM

43 posts, read 221,176 times
If you’re serious about buying you should go and compare, although I think you’ll find that Dominion Park is a better value.

If you work in the RTP area you can’t beat the location of Dominion, or Woodlawn and Harrington Grove, for that matter, but you will get aircraft noise.

Many of the houses in Dominion Park do have hardwoods, but most were built with laminate counters and vinyl floors, although many owners have since upgraded.

I know someone who has a year old house in Long Lake, but its smaller than a Dominion house, has a smaller lot and cost $325. There are homes in DP right now in the $290-300 range that are bigger with bigger lots.

I think Dominion is a better value than Long Lake. Find a good buy in DP, spend a few bucks on solid surface counters and hardwoods and new carpet and you’ll still come out ahead.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 4,807 times
Do these communities have any ammentities like community pools or clubhouses? We are looking into moving to the Raleigh area and have 2 young children. Any suggestions on a community that is nice for young families, good schools, etc?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:50 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoley1 View Post
Do these communities have any ammentities like community pools or clubhouses? We are looking into moving to the Raleigh area and have 2 young children. Any suggestions on a community that is nice for young families, good schools, etc?

Long Lake has a pool
Dominion Park also has a pool and clubhouse.

This area abounds with subdivisions with pools and clubhouses.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canine7 View Post
been watching long lake subdivision(on the net) for about a year-seems nice but houses seem to be sitting longer and longer and actually are being reduced.....Any new thoughts on long lake compared to dominion park.
Also,it seems there are alot of 4 bed 2 and a half bath units that look great with an office downstairs,but does anyuone know if these have a shower downstairs.thanks.....First floor bedrooms are hard to come by in this neighborhood it looks like.
This was an area that seemed to really jump in price quickly....
unrelated but-I also just noticed one of those cottages in bedford is down to 209,000-maybe its just the market overall,hope long lake goes down a little in price
I sold one of the first houses in Long Lake when there was nothing but red clay and mud out there! It was totally BARE and then Pulte planted a tree or two in each yard! Now, it isn't quite so bare because the trees have grown over the years.

Long Lake sold quickly because of the location, schools and the amount of house that you got for the money. Whenever I take clients over there now, they claim it looks too "cookie cutter" but still, location, location, location.

If you want a basement home, there are quite a few in Long Lake. Not so many with first floor masters. Pulte had about 6 plans and I don't remember any of them having a first floor master in Long Lake.

Pulte built the same exact neighborhood in Morrisville and call it Breckenridge. Same clubhouse and pool for both.

As for the prices coming down, supply and demand. If there is alot of demand and little supply, prices will stabilize. If there is alot of supply and less demand (which is basically what we have now), prices will go down a bit more.

If you are looking for a master down, when you search for homes, try looking for a 1.5 story instead of a 2 story.

Vicki

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary