Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:06 AM

5 posts, read 16,817 times

Advertisements

Hi, Can anyone tell me anything about Jamison Park and that area? how are the schools? Is the neighborhood very family friendly? Does anyone know how close 540 might come to the neighborhood? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 11:53 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,202 times
Nice neighborhood. Well built homes on larger lots. Fairly low turnover. Good location. Good schools. Pitiful pool facility for a neighborhood that size and price.

540 will very likely come thru directly to the North of the neighborhood-some lots will be impacted. Choose carefully.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:48 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
Nice neighborhood. Well built homes on larger lots. Fairly low turnover. Good location. Good schools. Pitiful pool facility for a neighborhood that size and price.

540 will very likely come thru directly to the North of the neighborhood-some lots will be impacted. Choose carefully.
Great neighborhood, custom built homes, large lots. I agree with Funky Chicken (how many people can say that in public?!!).

From what my clients tell me, the pool isn't as busy as you would think for a n'hood that size. Seems like most n'hoods...pool is packed in June, about l/2 in July and by August...too hot to be outside!

Even though 540 is "planned", keep in mind that those plans change and the highway can be moved. Got to DOT website and look at the map. Like FC said, choose carefully.

Vicki

Old 03-30-2011, 12:58 PM

5 posts, read 16,817 times
thanks so much for the replies. I appreciate it. The homes look nice, but we definitely want something family friendly, as we have 4 young kids.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 PM

330 posts, read 985,111 times
There are a few homes for sale in Greythorne (off Penny Rd) -- just a few miles north so convenient to the new 540 but not close enough to be impacted. 3500 sq ft homes and larger. 1+ acre lot size and very family friendly. Most of the residents have multiple kids. If you need specific addresses of houses for sale, let me know. I'm not a realtor though.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:27 PM

248 posts, read 754,606 times
If you want family friendly find a neighborhood with smaller lots because people are closer too each other and the kids will more likely play together

Old 03-30-2011, 03:19 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
I've known two families that lived there and then moved. Both cited stepford wife/high school behavior from the "in" group of the neighborhood. YMMV

Old 03-30-2011, 04:18 PM

330 posts, read 985,111 times
I think most neighborhoods have a small group who think they are some sort of "in" group. We had that some time back but fortunately those families moved away from our neighborhood. Its refreshing to live in a higher end neighborhood where almost all the families are down to earth.

But neighborhoods change and evolve over time as families move in and out.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:23 PM

476 posts, read 1,297,044 times
We toured Jamison Park in our home search. Beautiful homes, lots and landscaping. I don't think too many other neighborhoods compare. The schools are great and close by. Lots of kids and young families. You see many families out walking and kids playing outside. If we had found the "perfect" house there when we were looking, we would have moved in there. In the newer neighborhoods, you will probably have or end up with car noise anywhere, so I wasn't going to let 540 deter me if I found the perfect house. Good luck in your home search.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:08 PM

261 posts, read 1,217,100 times
We just moved to Jamison Park in September and like it very much. The proximity to Middle Creek Park has been an unexpected bonus. We absolutely love that the frisbee golf course, basketball courts, tennis, playground equipment, and ball fields are with in walking distance. We go to the park every day, even if its just to walk the dogs. The only negative for us is that the neighborhood itself does not have sidewalks. We take at least two walks a day, and walking on the street dodging cars gets annoying. However, once we get up to the schools and park, there are sidewalks. Truly a beautiful place to call home. I've also come to really like the adjacent Parks of West Lake neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary