Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 03:47 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,693,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdaClaire View Post
I've tried and enjoyed Prime Only. I've never been to Angus Barn, believe it or not, and I've been here almost 12 years! It's on my things to do list, but I have friends who swear the restaurant is overrated, so I keep putting it off.
It is overrated. The best steakhouse in the Triangle right now is Bin 54 in Chapel Hill. I'm still waiting till we get a Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar. In the meantime I'll drive to Greensboro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 PM

14 posts, read 84,099 times
Default Chops in Garner

I'm wanting to try this place to sample their "on-site dry aged beef". I haven't heard of another local steakhouse that does this.

http://www.chopsteakhouse.com

Has anybody here gone there?

Old 07-31-2007, 05:42 PM

115 posts, read 464,218 times
JK's at North Hills (North Raleigh) is awesome.

JK’s Restaurant Raleigh NC Steakhouse Raleigh Steak Seafood Raleigh North Hills Raleigh (http://jksraleigh.com/default.asp - broken link)

Best steak I've ever had, but pricey.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:36 PM

331 posts, read 1,126,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
It is overrated. The best steakhouse in the Triangle right now is Bin 54 in Chapel Hill. I'm still waiting till we get a Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar. In the meantime I'll drive to Greensboro.
Listen to this man. He knows what he is talking about.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:15 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,600,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
I'm still waiting till we get a Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar. In the meantime I'll drive to Greensboro.
We just moved here from north Dallas about a year ago. Along one 5 mile stretch of road (North Dallas Tollway) we had Lawry's, Ruth's Cris, 3-Forks, Sullivan's, and a Flemming's.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:45 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,866 times
Sullivan's Steakhouse downtown is a great choice for a date, business, or the start of a night out on the town. Ruth Chris in Cary has more of a private setting, nice as well, but I like the food at Sullivan's better. Either of these two are elegant choices that won't disappoint but my vote is for Sullivan's. I'd expect to spend ~ $150 on a meal for two at either steakhouse.

The Angus Barn has good food and is not as expensive as most people would think. With a couple of drinks and a full belly you and a guest can leave for around $80-$100. The atmosphere is great, open, and friendly.

Also, there is the Capital City Chophouse which I didn't even know existed until I ate there 2 months ago. The steak was excellent.
Welcome to the Chop House of North Carolina (http://www.gatecitychophouse.com/ChopHouse/index.htm - broken link)

Old 08-01-2007, 04:17 AM

285 posts, read 1,039,882 times
Then there's Brasa Brasilian Steakhouse at Brier Creek Shopping Center in Raleigh, but I had a lousy experience there. Yes, you get a thousand skewers of whatever kind of meat you want. But when I went, the meat was all dried, overcooked, and overly chewy. Maybe I caught the place on a bad day, but the cost per person ($30 or more, I think, just for the meat), was more than it was worth, considering that none of us liked any of our meat. Has anyone else had an experience good or bad here?

Old 08-01-2007, 04:35 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,689 times
I'm surprise some of you folks are complaining about chains. Ruth Chris a fine steakhouse. The Palm is good as well as Morton's, The Capital Grille and McCormich and Schmicks. All of those are chains. There isn't a Morton's, Capital Grille, Palm or McCormich and Schmicks here but I just wanted to stand up for the chains.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:12 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdb View Post
I'm wanting to try this place to sample their "on-site dry aged beef". I haven't heard of another local steakhouse that does this.

http://www.chopsteakhouse.com

Has anybody here gone there?
Chops is pretty good. Mind you, it ain't a big town restaurant so on any given night you could get really good or really bad service. Generally, they are not super busy but the food has always been good in my opinion!

Old 08-01-2007, 07:50 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,771,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I'm surprise some of you folks are complaining about chains. Ruth Chris a fine steakhouse. The Palm is good as well as Morton's, The Capital Grille and McCormich and Schmicks. All of those are chains. There isn't a Morton's, Capital Grille, Palm or McCormich and Schmicks here but I just wanted to stand up for the chains.
Isn't M&S a seafood joint, not a steakhouse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary