Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 08:15 PM

260 posts, read 1,191,492 times

Advertisements

Hi ,

We're going to be in the area for 4th of July and wondering If anyone can tell us if Fuquay or any close towns are having fireworks or anything for the 4th? concerts etc?

It will just be me and my 3 yr old daughter and I'm really not up for traveling to Raleigh or other big towns and dealing w/parking, fees, crowds etc. Especially since I don't know the area.

Any info would help.

This is a great forum!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 08:25 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,211 times
direct quote from the town of fuquay varina parks and rec department homepage:

The Town of Fuquay-Varina will host the annual Independence Day Celebration on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at South Park. There will be fun for the whole family with fireworks, live music from Sammy O'Banion with Mardi Gras, food, and free carnival rides to enjoy. Festivities start at 6pm with the fireworks show just after dark (about 9:15pm). Everyone is invited to come out and join a few thousand of your friends and neighbors as we celebrate America's birthday a little early!

South Park is located at 900 South Main Street. This is next to the Community Center at the southern intersection of Judd Parkway and Highway 401 (S. Main St).

hope this helps! I know my kids enjoyed the fireworks in wake forest last year and they were 2 and 4.........

leigh

Old 06-27-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
direct quote from the town of fuquay varina parks and rec department homepage:

The Town of Fuquay-Varina will host the annual Independence Day Celebration on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at South Park. There will be fun for the whole family with fireworks, live music from Sammy O'Banion with Mardi Gras, food, and free carnival rides to enjoy. Festivities start at 6pm with the fireworks show just after dark (about 9:15pm). Everyone is invited to come out and join a few thousand of your friends and neighbors as we celebrate America's birthday a little early!

South Park is located at 900 South Main Street. This is next to the Community Center at the southern intersection of Judd Parkway and Highway 401 (S. Main St).

hope this helps! I know my kids enjoyed the fireworks in wake forest last year and they were 2 and 4.........

leigh

That was a huge help!

Thxs so much for taking the time to give me the info!!

Happy 4th!!

Old 06-28-2007, 12:46 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,986 times
Default went last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by darzz1 View Post
That was a huge help!

Thxs so much for taking the time to give me the info!!

Happy 4th!!
It took me 2 hours to drive home 10 miles away. DONT drive there1

Old 06-29-2007, 02:35 PM

166 posts, read 664,363 times
Garner also has great fireworks if you are there for July 3rd, NC symphony plays while the fireworks go off.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3grls View Post
Garner also has great fireworks if you are there for July 3rd, NC symphony plays while the fireworks go off.
Where In Garner?? I have a little one who is dying to see "fireworks"

We don't know the area at all...so any input

Thanks

Old 06-29-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
It took me 2 hours to drive home 10 miles away. DONT drive there1
OMG I may have to re-think it then.

My little one is just bugging me to take her and see fireworks.

Think it might be to far to walk,,, no sidewalks

thanks

Old 09-10-2007, 07:55 PM

166 posts, read 664,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darzz1 View Post
Where In Garner?? I have a little one who is dying to see "fireworks"

We don't know the area at all...so any input

Thanks
Sorry this is too late for July 4th this year...it's been a while since I visited this site. For anyone still interested in planning for next year, Garner's fireworks are at Lake Benson Park, but get there early if you plan on parking close to the symphony. If you just want to see the fireworks, which are always awesome, but don't want to wait in traffic afterwards, try parking on one of the little roads that head down toward the lake on the opposite side, off of Rand Road. One of the best kept secrets. Bring popcorn and lawnchairs and a few sodas and the kids will be in heaven, and so will you when you can just zip home afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary