Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:34 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,897 times

Advertisements

Anyone got a good Ford mechanic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 01:03 PM

273 posts, read 562,705 times
Go with Dale's Honda and Acura. You won't be disappointed. Guy is honest as the day is long. I was just reminded of that while i got my inspection done and the shop tried to tell me things i needed that i didn't. I refer him to folks because he doesn't rip them off and will give you an honest answer. The main reason his business does so well. Plus he is a one man shop. So you know who you are dealing with everytime.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:32 PM

451 posts, read 1,157,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyenortheast View Post
I've been very satisfied with Quality Plus Automotive in Wake Forest - Raleigh Honda Acura Toyota Lexus Auto Repair | Wake Forest Japanese Car and Truck Service. They're family-owned/operated and have a second location in Raleigh.

As a reference for honesty - I was about 5K miles past the warranty period and had a power steering problem that was going to run about $750+. Quality Plus instructed me to go back to the dealer and Honda customer service and ask for an accommodation. I would up getting it done at the dealer for $275. I don't know of too many mechanics that would do that.
Big thumbs up from me as well. I had a similar bearing issue that was covered under warranty. I had no idea though, and they could have told me I needed it fixed...but instead told me about the warranty and recommended going to the dealer. They have shown this kind of honesty on multiple occasions. I drive there 25 mins and it's worth it.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:52 PM

23 posts, read 77,145 times
I just had some work done at Phil's Toy Store in Cary, based on a referral. They specialize in Toyotas, and I believe Hondas as well. They are a smaller shop, but due to what seems like a good scheduling system they were able to complete the work on time as promised and for what I felt was a fair price. I had to wait a couple of hours for the work to be done. They have free wifi and a Keurig machine, so I was all set. The manager checked on me several times to update me on what was being done to the car. I'll be going back to them the next time we need work done on one of our cars.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:42 AM

226 posts, read 507,046 times
Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone have recommendations for a good Subaru mechanic? Is WASP a good choice for that vehicle make?

Old 01-03-2012, 08:49 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,156,454 times
I have to say, I had been bringing my cars to WASP for a long time, but last year I brought my car in for a minor repair and they tried to royally rip me off with a huge estimate for something that was going to take about 30 minutes to fix. New management? New mechanic? No idea but I was very disappointed. Ended up bringing my car to Pit Stop Car Care in Cary and their quote was about half what WASP was telling me and now my issue is fixed.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:41 AM

927 posts, read 1,459,329 times
Don's Auto Service in Holly Springs is a good and honest place. Don's been there for years
He isn't a corporate cash hound ... he's just a good ol boy who's been doing it for years

Old 01-05-2012, 10:09 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,212 times
I was also going to suggest Pinacle Automotive in Holly Springs. I know a load of people (including us) who go there and are very happy

Old 01-05-2012, 12:28 PM

464 posts, read 1,044,137 times
Creech Auto in North Raleigh near New Hope Church and Capitol Blvd gets a from me. They specialize in foreign cars (including Subaru) and are quite honest from my recent experiences with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary