Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 02:09 PM

150 posts, read 289,338 times

Advertisements

We are considering a GORGEOUS home in Waverly Point SD (Raleigh/Garner) all updated, granite etc....
I am interested on what you think of the location for this reason:

If we can't sell our home in NY in a reasonable amt. of time we will have to list the new home with a property management co to rent for a while. NC salary won't support NY mortgage.
We love the neighborhood and have no trouble with the commute we will have but, if you were renting, do you think it would be too remote?
Would a 3+ bedroom 3 bath, 1 acre be in any kind of demand?
I was kind of thinking we could find a nice family on temporary assignment or relocated and house hunting or waiting on their new build....We are just considering this and don't even know what rents go for...would need about 1200 month I imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 03:30 PM

892 posts, read 3,161,897 times
There are other decent rental houses around that area so although demand might not be the word I would choose, renting it should not be entirely impossible.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:27 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,621,918 times
Sell your house in NY first before buying one here. As someone who has been a landlord in the past and hopefully will never be one again, that's my advice.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,445 times
Default headache

This is nothing more than a headache, there are a ton of homes for sale here and the prices are not going up. That is not an ideal rental location at all since most want renting want convience over the house itself.

So many people have wanted to move here from the north and it took years of selling and lowering the price (some give up) to make it happen. Think about how you would feel if it took you 2 years to sell, got alot less than asking and came back to a home that is now in need of repair that you never lived in.

There are plenty of these home available here, dont put yourself in a hole for pretty granite that someone else will be using while you TRY to sell....

Old 09-16-2011, 10:42 AM

150 posts, read 289,338 times
I understand your points. I HATE it here and can't wait to get out. But patience is a virtue (one that I've never seem to have been blessed with!)
Thanks for your help...I'll try my best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary