Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:08 PM

149 posts, read 206,804 times

Advertisements

A reputable apartment complex will do everyone all at once, usually at least a couple of times a year. They usually notify the tenant in advance that they will be coming into your apartment to spray on a particular day, and to make the appropriate plans ... make sure there is no uncovered food around, make sure pets aren't in the apartment, etc.

I would also think that because apartment dwellers can be transitory in nature, doing a regular pest control spraying all at once would be wise. New dwellers could bring "guests" with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 06:12 PM

4 posts, read 5,694 times
Boric acid powder, spray around places that stay damp, laundry rooms, under sinks, bathrooms. Very effective and cheap!

Old 11-12-2011, 05:57 AM

35 posts, read 50,416 times
I've stocked up on Combat products and havent had a problem since!

Old 11-13-2011, 11:11 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sernja View Post
Boric acid powder, spray around places that stay damp, laundry rooms, under sinks, bathrooms. Very effective and cheap!
This is best used in areas of low humidity, not here. Once the powder cakes, its usefulness decreases.

Did help me in a roach motel apt in Los Angeles, though.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 PM

835 posts, read 2,878,058 times
Bumping this old thread up due to cockroaches in the attic, which are also making their way down to the 2nd floor. I didn't see any recommended exterminator companies mentioned. Can someone recommend someone local to Wake Forest or Raleigh? I'm not interested in foggers, sprays, or baits. Just want to get rid of them and hopefully be done with them...for this year anyway. Thanks.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:44 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
Bumping this old thread up due to cockroaches in the attic, which are also making their way down to the 2nd floor. I didn't see any recommended exterminator companies mentioned. Can someone recommend someone local to Wake Forest or Raleigh? I'm not interested in foggers, sprays, or baits. Just want to get rid of them and hopefully be done with them...for this year anyway. Thanks.
Our complex uses Dodson Brothers. They serve us well and get rid of any little "pets".

Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 AM

810 posts, read 1,449,978 times
I'm looking for a thread where a fellow said there was a chemical that was especially good for getting rid of roaches. Up North I lived 30 years in a neighborhood that a lot of people wouldn't drive through, and I only ever saw two roaches, one from a supermarket bag and one from a house guest.

Here I see one every few days. And this is supposed to be a nice neighborhood.

I don't like roaches. They're low class. Definitely not my style.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:44 AM

2,619 posts, read 3,150,063 times
Bengal Roach Spray is good. Lowe's has it and Wal-Mart used to, may still.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:10 AM

61 posts, read 137,171 times
In reality, if you found a doubles of roaches it means that area should be invaded by cockroaches. So, it must to call for a cockroach exterminator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary