Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:48 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,690,658 times

Advertisements

There is a Nathans in Selma/Smithfield where the outlets are,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 05:28 PM

836 posts, read 3,470,441 times
All of ya'll pining away about Nathan's...have you tried Cloos' Coney Island in Mission Valley? They have dogs that "snap"! Sliders too.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:32 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,032 times
Quote:
All of ya'll pining away about Nathan's...have you tried Cloos' Coney Island in Mission Valley? They have dogs that "snap"! Sliders too.
I had never had a Nathan's hot dog before three weeks ago...I was just mentioning where I had found them. They ARE good tho. Liz

Old 08-29-2007, 06:41 PM

836 posts, read 3,470,441 times

Old 08-30-2007, 07:11 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
I'll have to try that next time I'm in west Raleigh. Used to live right by Mission Valley.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:21 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Cary’s schools are Wake County schools….they don’t have their own district.

This is different then most places up North….school systems are county wide…not just a small section/city/township.

Here I must disagree...

yes the schools are county wide but, unless you are lucky enough to get into magnet, if you want foreign languages, orchestra & band, & electives, you have to go to Cary, Apex or N Raleigh, b/c for ** some reason** you won't get them in the outlying parts of Wake County.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:56 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,089,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Maybe I'll franchise a Nathan's Famous.

I worked there all the way through Oceanside HS.
Hey Saturnfan, my Mom's from Brooklyn--she grew up on Ave U. My aunt and cousins stayed in Brooklyn (Sheepshead Bay) until 1978 and the kids went to Sheepshead Bay HS. I understand you wouldn't want to go near the place now but back then it wasn't bad.

They left Sheepshead Bay for Oceanside!

Small world.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:04 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Here I must disagree...

yes the schools are county wide but, unless you are lucky enough to get into magnet, if you want foreign languages, orchestra & band, & electives, you have to go to Cary, Apex or N Raleigh, b/c for ** some reason** you won't get them in the outlying parts of Wake County.
There are plenty of schools in Cary that don't have these options either. Most schools in Cary are traditional curriculum schools offering very few, if any electives. My daughter's Cary middle had no foreign language and one elective per day. The elective offerings were pretty slim pickings.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:06 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Hey NChomesomeday,

My parents were from Brooklyn, but a part that you don't want to enter now w/o an Abrams Fighting Vehicle. Mom's home was 309 Atkins Ave, East New York, near Pitkin Ave. Dad was an NYC cabbie and we would shop at the pushcarts on Pitkin Sundays.

After WWII, parents moved to Grand Concourse, Bronx, where I was born. in 1949, dad got a VA loan to buy 21 Sunnybrook Dr W in Oceanside.

Oceanside history can be found on a really neat website kept up by howie Levy (now in Vegas).

Try here for some great Oceanside and Nathan's history Moderator cut: url removed
Thanks for sharing.

Yea Brooklyn!

Last edited by autumngal; 04-04-2008 at 06:54 AM..

Old 08-30-2007, 11:32 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
There are plenty of schools in Cary that don't have these options either. Most schools in Cary are traditional curriculum schools offering very few, if any electives. My daughter's Cary middle had no foreign language and one elective per day. The elective offerings were pretty slim pickings.
Sorry to hear that. I was basing my info on what parents from specific schools in those areas told me. I had heard that some schools there have more to offer than others.
I have a neighbor who is from Cary & is Very Upset re: the offerings here in Wake Forest- she thought she would get similar things to what she had left.h
I would really like it if the wcpss site would give us info on where exactly these course are offered. I can't imagine that happening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary