Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2011, 07:47 PM

77 posts, read 172,310 times

Advertisements

I just moved to the area this september, so I 'm not familiar with the allergies this time of year. I do suffer from season allergies but what in the world is in the air here this time of year? I am sneezing, stuffy, my head feels like it's gonna pop, a little scratchy throat. I don't normally suffer this bad. Don't know if it's the weather changing so rapidly or what. Anyone else have allergies this time of year here? And if so, what is the allergy this time of year? Mold, ragweed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 08:14 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,099,752 times
Maybe ragweed.

Here's an interesting article:
Fall Allergy Season May Be Longest, Strongest This Year - ABC News

Old 11-30-2011, 08:32 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,873,429 times
In September it was probably Ragweed. I also have allergies and although nothing is registering, I've had the usual symptoms. You might want to bookmark this site (pollen.com) Pollen.com - National Allergy Forecast & Information About Allergies and put in your zip to pull up the latest readings.

Not sure what med you normally take but I've found Astelin to be much better than Flonase, Nasonex, Allegra, etc.. You may want to consider it if your doc feels it's right for you.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:34 PM

77 posts, read 172,310 times
thanks. I usually use flonase but haven't had allergies this bad in a while. new area and a lot of trees. I saw something blowing in the wind today that looked white? probably off of a bush or tree of some kind. thanks again for the info.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:40 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,986 times
Allergies are usually worse in the spring when trees are releasing their pollen. It's not the stuff you can see, like the awful yellowish-green pine pollen that gets all over everything that's the real problem - it's the deciduous trees, that put out nearly microscopic stuff that can actually get into your bloodstream. But at this time of year, none of that is going on, yet I've been having those symptoms as well. If anyone has any insight, I'd like to hear it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary