Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:21 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
IMHO (Note opinion), if a person can not manage his or her personal finances then I am not going to trust him or her with tax payer resources. Plain and simple.

With that said, I was wrong about the bankruptcy. Instead it was that his house was foreclosed on.

Tedesco facing home foreclosure :: WRAL.com

In this particular case, I think he was shooting for some sort of political career all along. So he left his paying job at Big Brothers Big Sisters, to put himself in the political and media lime light to promote himself and career in politics. So the bank and other homeowners whose values are affected by him walking away from his house are left to pay for his choices. That shows me he has zero accountability and lacks be responsible for his actions. That alone shows me he's not a fit candidate.
OMG. I leave town for a week and this is what happens?!! NO. I can't even stand the thought of him because this was his plan/plot all along. Just like PDXmom says...he left a paying job, ran his credit into the ground, allowed his house to go into foreclosure and now he wants us to believe he is worthy of a vote? I simply can't do it. So irresponsible.

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 03:32 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,865,120 times
I have no time for Tedesco and his meddling, but if I recall correctly a group Wake County Republicans sent an email soliciting some 'cash donations' to help JT in his 'time of need', so he could avoid foreclosure and focus on his political aspirations, or should that be more meddling?

Anyways, looking at the Wake County Real Estate site shows he is still the 'legal owner' of his home. So either the foreclosure is still in the pipeline, or enough cash was collected in the 'whip round' to save his home.

Account Summary - 0257274

Quote:
IMHO (Note opinion), if a person can not manage his or her personal finances then I am not going to trust him or her with tax payer resources. Plain and simple.

With that said, I was wrong about the bankruptcy. Instead it was that his house was foreclosed on.

Tedesco facing home foreclosure :: WRAL.com

In this particular case, I think he was shooting for some sort of political career all along. So he left his paying job at Big Brothers Big Sisters, to put himself in the political and media lime light to promote himself and career in politics. So the bank and other homeowners whose values are affected by him walking away from his house are left to pay for his choices. That shows me he has zero accountability and lacks be responsible for his actions. That alone shows me he's not a fit candidate.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:54 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
I have no time for Tedesco and his meddling, but if I recall correctly a group Wake County Republicans sent an email soliciting some 'cash donations' to help JT in his 'time of need', so he could avoid foreclosure and focus on his political aspirations, or should that be more meddling?

Anyways, looking at the Wake County Real Estate site shows he is still the 'legal owner' of his home. So either the foreclosure is still in the pipeline, or enough cash was collected in the 'whip round' to save his home.

Account Summary - 0257274

EVEN WORSE! He left a paying job, was on the brink of foreclosure, and got bailed out. He made his bed, he should have had to lay in it.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:29 PM

449 posts, read 700,103 times
Quote:
EVEN WORSE! He left a paying job, was on the brink of foreclosure, and got bailed out. He made his bed, he should have had to lay in it.
Does this mean you want to be in our video?

Old 01-27-2012, 04:47 PM

932 posts, read 3,097,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
I would have no problem voting for him. The people in Garner have been getting dumped on for more then a decade until someone finally stood up and represented what we have been going through. There is still a lot to be done to get Raleigh to stop shipping their lower performing kids into our schools, but at least he represented a start in that direction.

I don't expect anyone from Cary or Raleigh to understand that.
We did need someone to stand up for our kids. There were options aside from Tedesco. Cathy Truitt came pretty close, she got my vote and I think she would have done a hell of a job. I can't stand the way Tedesco carries himself. He knocked on my door talking a lot of talk, when it was all about political gain and him trying to move up the ladder. I been around him just a few times and he's left a bad taste in my mouth. In true political fashion, he says what people want to hear.

Edited to add: I'm all for the flash mob!!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:22 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
I have long said that Tedesco does what he does in order to achieve his political goals.

While at Big Brother Big Sister as their fundraiser, he neglected his duties to focus on the Wake Co School Board, as IMO, it gave him an opportunity to raise his political profile by becoming the "voice" of the board. While he was building his political career on the board and forging alliances, he so neglected his paying job that the organization suffered greatly through lack of funds which he was supposed to have raised...people were either laid off or getting ready to be when he left or was asked to leave(?).

True, professional, fundraisers adhere to a code of conduct such as this from their association's code:
AFP members both individual and business aspire to:
• practice their profession with integrity, honesty, truthfulness and adherence
to the absolute obligation to safeguard the public trust
• act according to the highest goals and visions of their organizations,
professions, clients and consciences
• put philanthropic mission above personal gain;

The above is a very small sample of the code, however, IMO he didn't uphold it in his personal and professional life. Here is the full code, which as I read it, I see he didn't adhere to many parts of it http://www.afpnet.org/files/ContentD...deofEthics.pdf
If he could not do this as a fundraiser, how are we to believe that he can function ethically as State School Superintendent? As a school board member, he was a loose cannon, unprofessional in his comments about fellow board members, he gloated and Lorded it over others and reveled in the power he grabbed while on the board. And frankly, he was crass.

Before, and if, he takes office anywhere, he has a lot of growing up to do. I don't want it to be on my dime! We will have sunk to an all time low to have someone like him representing our state.

Last edited by RaleighLass; 01-27-2012 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-27-2012, 06:23 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Superintendant of Education? Didn't Gov Bev appoint someone to oversee the Department of Education? Was that power strugle decided by the courts? It is hazy to me at the moment.
In any event I will not vote for Tedesco
June Atkinson was elected Superintendent of Public Instruction. She was first elected in 2004, but had to wait nearly a year to take office, because her opponent refused to concede. She was reelected in 2008, but as soon as Bev Perdue took office in 2009, she created a position of "CEO" of the State Board of Education, and appointed her buddy, Bill Harrison, to fill the position - at a salary of over $100k per year. This basically usurped Atkinson's role. The superior court ruled that Perdue had overstepped her authority, and the CEO position was eliminated.

Here's a site that has more info.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:44 PM

162 posts, read 460,966 times
My understanding from people I knew at Big Brothers/Big Sisters was that he was forced out. He was bringing bad publicity to the organization and they asked him to resign.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:56 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm_walters View Post
My understanding from people I knew at Big Brothers/Big Sisters was that he was forced out. He was bringing bad publicity to the organization and they asked him to resign.
It seems like I had heard that too. But I was also told that him not being able to do his work in bringing in funds put them in a huge bind.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:03 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
If you don't like him, don't vote for him plain and simple!

Great advice that we should all follow...THANKS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary