Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,990,141 times

Advertisements

We went a few weeks ago just after opening and were unfortunately a little disappointed that our experience didn't quite match the excellent Tribeca one.

We had the pimento cheese dip for starters, which was pretty darn good. I followed that with the pastrami sandwich...solid, but nothing special. My wife had the steak and dumplings, and she wasn't thrilled with it. She said the dumplings had a bit of a funny aftertaste and the asparagus was unfortunately more of a garnish than a true vegetable component.

For dessert I had the grasshopper, which seemed a little short on cookies, while my wife also felt that the peanut butter smore was a bit short on peanut butter cups given the sizes of the desserts (and those were the small ones).

I'm sure we'll try again, and hopefully we'll have a better experience. We love Tribeca and were sad to see Michael Dean's replaced by another Tribeca, so we'll give Rockwell's another shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post

I tasted the pastrami. It was...different. .
That is EXACTLY what my DH kept saying "It's just...different"...I am laughing right now!

Old 02-20-2012, 12:26 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
That is EXACTLY what my DH kept saying "It's just...different"...I am laughing right now!
Going off topic:

What does "DH" actually stand for? I see it on these forums all the time, and I get that it means "spouse" (or something like that), but I can't figure out what it stands for.

My wife (currently separated) has called me a DH several times, but somehow I think this is in a different context. (Kidding! ....sort of)

Sorry for the off-topic question... (I really am curious what it stands for)

Old 02-20-2012, 12:55 PM

448 posts, read 851,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
Going off topic:

What does "DH" actually stand for? I see it on these forums all the time, and I get that it means "spouse" (or something like that), but I can't figure out what it stands for.

My wife (currently separated) has called me a DH several times, but somehow I think this is in a different context. (Kidding! ....sort of)

Sorry for the off-topic question... (I really am curious what it stands for)
DH = Dear Husband
DW = Dear Wife
DS = could be dear son or dear spouse, I have seen both

Old 02-20-2012, 01:36 PM

515 posts, read 1,716,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azteacher721 View Post
DH = Dear Husband
DW = Dear Wife
AKA - Designated Slave

Old 02-20-2012, 01:59 PM

271 posts, read 700,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azteacher721 View Post
DH = Dear Husband
DW = Dear Wife
I thought it was Designated Hitter ?

Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 PM

621 posts, read 2,218,840 times
Just drove past it today and it looks like it closed down. I won't miss it, horrible food.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by douknownam View Post
Just drove past it today and it looks like it closed down. I won't miss it, horrible food.
I'm not surprised. What was surprising was how a restaurant with a good menu and in the same chain as TriBeCa could suck so badly.

Looks like they're opening a seafood place there next. Kinda crappy since there's already a sushi place AND an Italian place in the same plaza.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I'm not surprised. What was surprising was how a restaurant with a good menu and in the same chain as TriBeCa could suck so badly.

Looks like they're opening a seafood place there next. Kinda crappy since there's already a sushi place AND an Italian place in the same plaza.
From what I gleaned by talking to one of the servers at Draft before it shut down (which was also a Rocky Top Hospitality property), it's going to be somewhat similar in concept to 42nd Street Oyster Bar (not a Rocky Top property) or like Michael Dean's (which was formerly in the Tribeca on Falls location) and will feature pretty extensive wine offerings. The way the Draft server put it "What we were to beer, it'll be to wine." I hope that means an emphasis on NC wine offerings. I've long hoped that a bar or restaurant in the Triangle would open that focuses primarily on the great wines produced here.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:24 AM

286 posts, read 685,453 times
"Rockwell's American Grill has officially closed its doors. Thank you for the support you have shown us. It has been an honor serving the Cary community.But don't go too far...Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar is coming soon to this location! Our newest concept will feature changing fresh-catch options, a raw bar, specialty dishes, "Food without Fins" for the land lovers, and a renovated bar featuring an extensive wine list, 14 beers on tap and signature cocktails and martinis!Again, we thank you for supporting Rockwell's and we look forward to continuing to serve the Cary community as we launch Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar in 2013!"

It's going to be the new Michael Dean's without the Michael. I talked to the owner a few weeks ago when he was working on the new menu. (Fiance and I lucked out when hammering out details of our wedding reception at 1705 Prime and got to meet the owner/chef.) They will have some old Michael Dean's favorites and a bunch of new creations. The owner wanted to get back into the kitchen and get back to what worked. Apparently a lot of people were upset when Michael Dean's closed and Tribeca opened. I was one of them so I'm thrilled that they listened and are giving us what we want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary