Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,344,530 times

Advertisements

Happy Valentine's Day! Ok that is now out of the way....where is the best place to go for a Valentine's Day dinner?

I was shocked there is no Valentine's Day thread? Where has the romantics gone? Everyone to busy today with their life working, school, texting, chatting, emailing, tweeting, to even mention the one day out of the year to add a little or maybe a lot of passion to your day?

So my invitation to you today is to take a moment from that busy schedule to thank your special Valentine today albeit in a card, flowers, candy, but mostly with the personal touch of a phone call, a wave, a hug and a kiss.

Maybe the weather won't shower today but shower the ones you love today with what makes them happy.

Oh yea back to the suggestions for that a-ha place to go for a nice romantic Valentine's Day Dinner in the triangle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 06:47 AM

10 posts, read 10,658 times
Frankly, I think that Valentine's Day is the worst day to go out to dinner. Restaurants are crowded, food is rushed, things are noisy... I'd save that for another night and tonight surprise her with a meal you cook yourself. Brave the cold and throw some steaks on the grill and break open a cookbook for something that is simple to make but has ingredients you know she loves. Most women would be thrilled by a candlelit dinner at home - as long as you also do the dishes - and let her know you'll ALSO take her out another night. (If you have kids, spring for a sitter and think about music in the background or perhaps a chick flick - how often do you sit through those for her?) Just a thought...

Old 02-14-2012, 06:54 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,157,625 times
Yeah it's a bit late to be thinking about where to go for Valentine's Day dinner. All the popular spots I'm sure are booked up for the night.

I know Jibarra does a special Valentine's Day dinner but their food can be pretty hit or miss. They're great if you just go for margaritas and appetizers though.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:57 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,291,908 times
Yup, too late for making V-Day plans now. Besides, I agree that this day is probably not the best to go out since it is a big money maker with fixed price menus and rushing people out the door.

Maybe I will stop by Five Guys for a burger with my sweetie tonight instead!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:30 AM

286 posts, read 749,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Yup, too late for making V-Day plans now. Besides, I agree that this day is probably not the best to go out since it is a big money maker with fixed price menus and rushing people out the door.

Maybe I will stop by Five Guys for a burger with my sweetie tonight instead!
I agree NRG..... My wife and I stopped doing the Valentines night dinner years ago. We can go out to eat any night but Valentines Day..... Five Guys sounds good.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
I feel like this thread went from being a lovely Valentine's Day sentiment to a bah humbug thread!!! LOL.

We had dinner plans at The Angus Barn for this weekend but had to postpone due to my dad being in the hospital.

Sometimes it is fun to go out on Valentine's Day and watch the people and sometimes I like to avoid the crowds and just go out on a different night.

Either way...Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

And now...let's see who the romantics really are!!!

Vicki

Old 02-14-2012, 08:49 AM

814 posts, read 2,007,666 times
I know that Zely & Ritz still has some seating, as did Dos Taquitos, both of which had yummy looking pre fix menus for tonight (and Dos Taguitos included a Herradura tasting!). I also know that some places, like Capital City 16, one of our favorites, are booked for reservations, but are leaving some slots open for walk ins.

Speaking of walk-ins....we are walking to dinner at Taste...the new place in our "hood".

Old 02-14-2012, 09:00 AM

656 posts, read 1,992,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I feel like this thread went from being a lovely Valentine's Day sentiment to a bah humbug thread!!! LOL.
I was thinking the same thing as I was reading through the responses!

As a wife I LOVE the idea of my husband doing anything so that I don't have to cook tonight. The idea of a night off cooking dinner has a romantic ring to it because it means that my husband took the time to turn my day from ordinary to special!

So, if it is too late for those reservations find a place your wife loves to eat at and order out, bring dinner home, light some candles, and enjoy being together!

Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,291,908 times
I don't think anybody is saying don't go out for V-day. Just that if you don't have plans made already you are pretty much out of luck.

I just read a funny post on twitter. It read:

"Gentlemen: put down your phones, stop calling booked restaurants and get thee to the Kroger."

Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,080,377 times
Open Table is on on-line reservation system I've used. This link provides some current availability :

Restaurant Reservation Availability

We went to Paparazzi in Lafayette Village last Saturday. Good food and service. Nice atmosphere.

Frank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary