Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:42 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times

Advertisements

as far as my house I cant find any. Crawl space is sealed with dehumidifer and checked and it is dry, no mold. Also this thing hit us VERY suddenly no build up at all.

I cant say this enough, it is not allergies. Search the net for this type of thing in 2012 and there is tons on it. Most from feb until now...I havent found anyone that has been done with it yet.

I usually dont get nervous about being sick but....., the whole US is getting this all around the same time, its VERY contaigous, doctors dont have an answer, antibiotics dont help, seems to last 4 weeks but again very few people report getting over it. Seems like something out of a movie.

Oh and everyone in the family has some symtoms in common and many that are different. This thing also moves around your body, ear infection, pink eye, throat, chest and lungs and also it changes fast. And again low fever but 90% of the time no fever at all.

If you arent sick with this please take heed and stay naway from anyone that has it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 08:47 PM

Default throat

Anyone that has this and has throat pain, is the pain in the uppen part or more like the middle part between your chin and chest (lower than usual)?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:47 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
My husband had it for 2 solid weeks in February, and a week later, I had it for a little over 2 weeks. It felt like bad allergies (cough, ear pain, watery eyes, fatigue), and I never have allergies. The doctor told me it was allergies, and I said NO, IT WASN'T. He then said it was allergies -- with a cold.

I think it's probably a specific bug with symptoms of allergies and a very bad cold.

It was severe, but for us, it was over in about 2 weeks.

It hit us suddenly, too.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 PM

413 posts, read 878,012 times
My parents had this for 5 weeks and the doctor thought it
was walking pneumonia until he did x-rays. The anti-biotics
(2 rounds) did nothing. It just had to run its course.

It is very contagious and they got it from an hour
long visit with an ill neighbor. I agree to keep a distance
whenever possible.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:04 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times
My daughter has had similar symptoms and we took her to the doctor. We thought it was just a cold, but it persisted with a fever and just would not go away. Pnuemonia was the prognosis and they have her on a steroid and anti-biotic.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:32 AM

Default yep

Yep this virus seems to cause or morph into other issues heres a small list:

pink eye
ear infection
congestion
body aches but no fever
horrible sore / hurting throat
then causes a real infectio such as pnuemonia which does need antibiotics but can then come back as something else.

sacredgrooves
Be carefull in the house because it jumps from one person to another very easily.

i have never seen one thing cause so many issues in a variety of people. Also seems that even people with normally strong immune systems will get it, but less severe and less time.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:37 AM

247 posts, read 452,365 times
Our household has been hit pretty hard too. We were starting to think it was because the kids started preschool this year, but the fall was okay. Since late January we've seen our doctors and pharmacists too many times. We've had respiratory infections, ear infections, low grade fevers - though spikes with the initial onset of the ear infections, sore throats and the occasional stomach issue. We have not gone more than a week without a symptom or being on a medication of some kind. Its getting a little old! Prior to January this household would get hit with one or two bad colds in a year, it doesn't help that I'm pregnant and seem to catch anything within a 10 mile radius! And I'm glad my kids are just in preschool since we've missed so many school days!

Old 04-05-2012, 08:56 AM

159 posts, read 287,116 times
I have had it twice, the first I caught in Seattle last October that lasted six weeks until Thanksgiving. Then it appeared again Feb 14 and has been hanging around up until a few weeks ago.

I chime in because I was getting shortness of breath under circumstances which didn't warrant it, but the worse part was the hacking cough which made me think walking pnue or whooping cough. It wasn't a snotty affair which makes it manageable, but it is never ending fatigue and hacking.

Radiation in the air?

Not allergies but the pollen didn't help the cause.

Best,

Dave

Old 04-05-2012, 02:55 PM

200 posts, read 358,813 times
I had this virus about 2 months ago. It came on suddenly and just when I thought I was getting better, it would migrate to another part of my body and knock me down. All in all, it last for about 4 weeks. I am NEVER sick that long, if I get sick at all.

Many of the symptoms listed by posters here remind me of the adenovirus. Especially the ones who show pink eye symptoms. Here is a link that describes the virus:

CDC - Adenovirus - Clinical Overview

My family had the adenovirus years ago when they were still in school. It was awful and lasted weeks. It was VERY contagious.

Hoping all get better soon!!

Old 04-05-2012, 03:16 PM

286 posts, read 685,453 times
I had it in January and it knocked me to my knees for 3 weeks. I am a very healthy person with a fantastic immune system so it surprised me to be so sick for so long. I know many people who have been hospitalized due to it. It's a bad one. Hopefully spring will slow or stop the spread of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary