Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 09:28 AM

13 posts, read 39,526 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to the area and have been looking at places around Cary Park, but in searching through past threads I've noticed there's been some warnings to others in about safety issues in the Cary Park area -- related to the Grove apartments specifically. Is this still an issue? I was looking at a townhouse across Green Level Church from the Harris Teeter and the Grove. I know in general Cary is very safe, but are there areas of Cary to avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 10:45 AM

297 posts, read 740,749 times
I live in Cary Park and I wouldn't hesitate to move here again. I feel safe. There were some issues a couple of years ago, but you know the saying about squeaky wheels and my impression is that there are some in Cary Park who know how to squeak. We now have a police precinct in the Harris Teeter shopping center. Once the fire station is completed on Green Level Church, right at the turn off to the schools, my understanding is that the police station will move there.

You see people out walking dogs and talking to neighbors late into the night. There's also a lot more recent foot movement between the neighborhood and the shopping center since McDonald's, Yolo, Amante, and the new Mexican place were added.

Be sure to check out online crime databases for the neighborhoods that interest you.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 PM

189 posts, read 507,839 times
There were couple of incidents (shootings and hold ups) near the Harris Teeter shopping center and Apartments that is partial Section 8 housing.
In general, Cary is a safe place to live with no major crime to speak of.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,961 times
I've lived here for two years with no issues. I've walked to the Harris Teeter from my house in the middle of the night w/ no issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary