Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 12:43 AM

94 posts, read 315,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurl View Post
I don't get it, either.

I've also been looking for eco-friendly furniture (and mattresses)...ugh. What a total PAIN - it's virtually non-existant here.

UGH! Cannot spread the love to you again so soon according to the forum, but THANK YOU...I"LL gladly pay to ship my memoryfoam matress from Cali now that I know it's tough to find there. THANK YOU! I love my sleep ....hense mattress way too much to give it up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 AM

94 posts, read 315,394 times
hmmmm. Not an N.C. Locals Favourite YET, after a dinner party or two, who knows. Just might be!

I worked at "FOLLOW YOUR HEART" in S.B., CA for some time. http://www.followyourheart.com/books.php (broken link)

After moving on I found I was Just lost without the variety of vegetarian foods they offered...even though I was vegetarian years prior to working there. I opted to buy their Soup cook book and MAN my family loves just about every recipe. They have another book too. I don't own it but I can tell you that I lived on the food for 2 yrs as a waitress and KINGS have not eaten better! So, no it's not eating out, but will definitly do the trick! Feel free to dm if you want a sample soup recipe.

NO I have absolutly nothing to gain from this (Other than making vegetarian taste buds HAPPY-aka my fussy 14 yr. old son!) I'm not even remotely afilliated with the Restaurant any longer (as of 16 yrs.) But even when in Durham or Raleigh...they will be my first back up, when lacking for yummy vegetarian dishes!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:16 AM

460 posts, read 1,769,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YLY View Post
Baba Ghannouj - Middle Eastern on Main St. (casual, 1 block from 9th st.)
Best falafel anywhere, ever.
This is my favorite restaurant in the Triangle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyns.Nest View Post
UGH! Cannot spread the love to you again so soon according to the forum, but THANK YOU...I"LL gladly pay to ship my memoryfoam matress from Cali now that I know it's tough to find there. THANK YOU! I love my sleep ....hense mattress way too much to give it up!
If you love it (and it's 'green') ship it. "Green" is VERY hard to find here, and it takes FOREVER when you order something. I've been waiting on my latex mattress for about 8 weeks, now.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:28 AM

155 posts, read 577,067 times
Quote:

Baba Ghannouj - Middle Eastern on Main St. (casual, 1 block from 9th st.)
Best falafel anywhere, ever.

Trader Joe's
Just opened Nov. 2007. 1 block up street from Whole Foods on Franklin St. No hot bar, or cafe, but lots of pre-made items, frozen and convinience foods.
I couldn't agree with you more about Baba Ghannouj!!! I live in Raleigh and drive all the way to Cary when my craving hits!! They do have the best Chicken Shawirma's by far! And their baklava is the bomb!

Trader Joe's is my all time favorite grocery store! Can we have one in N. Raleigh please? Driving to Cary for my shopping and Baba gets old!!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:37 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanatastar View Post
Trader Joe's is my all time favorite grocery store! Can we have one in N. Raleigh please? Driving to Cary for my shopping and Baba gets old!!
There will be a Trader Joe's in Raleigh in 2009. See the following thread for more details: //www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...gh-2009-a.html

Old 12-16-2007, 09:41 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,384,360 times
Quote:
Amante Pizza - Main St.
Local chain does a decent job of making thin crust, delicious pies. No slices.

The pizzas at Amante are great PLUS you have the option of getting a whole wheat crust. I wish more pizza places offered this option.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 PM

579 posts, read 2,862,949 times
Bombay Grille in Durham (54, in RTP) is awesome and they have an extensive veggie menu. We drive up there from Fuquay to eat. Great food!

Old 12-16-2007, 02:29 PM

460 posts, read 1,769,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raccemup View Post
Bombay Grille in Durham (54, in RTP) is awesome and they have an extensive veggie menu. We drive up there from Fuquay to eat. Great food!
Oooh, I'll have to check them out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary