Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:57 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Just try to paint YOUR mailbox and see what your landlord has to say about it!!!

Vicki
Actually, we have cluster boxes (NDCBU per USPS) so you don't have an individual box to replace or paint.

If we want to change shades in the windows to a different color or put potted plants on the patio, all we need to do is ask.

One resident even put in a mini garden.

My landlord tries her best to accommodate reasonable requests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 05:39 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Actually, we have cluster boxes (NDCBU per USPS) so you don't have an individual box to replace or paint.

If we want to change shades in the windows to a different color or put potted plants on the patio, all we need to do is ask.

I live in Cary and I never have to ask anyone, except She Who Must Be Obeyed, about flowers, my mailbox, window treatments, adding a porch, color of my house, putting in a basketball hoop, etc, etc.
Seems they run a pretty tight situation over in Raleigh!

Old 05-18-2012, 08:52 PM

4 posts, read 5,922 times
Cary is beautiful but expensive Everything is there resturants, doctors, all kinds of shopping. They keep Cary very clean but you wont get much of a house for your money unless you are well off. I live in Fuquay Varina which is about 15 minutes from Cary where you can get more house for your money. Nice little town so is Holly Springs

Old 05-18-2012, 09:16 PM

459 posts, read 757,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

I live in Cary and I never have to ask anyone, except She Who Must Be Obeyed

Smart man!

Old 05-19-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

I live in Cary and I never have to ask anyone, except She Who Must Be Obeyed, about flowers, my mailbox, window treatments, adding a porch, color of my house, putting in a basketball hoop, etc, etc.
Seems they run a pretty tight situation over in Raleigh!

Guess you don't have an almighty HOA.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:57 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Guess you don't have an almighty HOA.
Nor do I have a landlord who would trifle with me about my mailbox, flowers, blinds, home color, etc...

Old 05-19-2012, 09:14 AM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
ANY HOA, whether it's in Raleigh, Wake Forest, Garner, Chapel Hill, Durham is going to have rules & regulations about what can and cannot be done with the properties under their control. It is not a Cary-specific issue, it's a HOA issue. Do people really not get that?

I live in Cary and do not have a HOA. Thus, owners in my community have the freedom to park as many cars as they want, paint their house any color, do whatever they want to their mailbox, plant whatever, cut down trees, etc, etc, etc.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:30 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
CARY - Countless Anal Retentive Yuppies

Homeowners Associations even dictate the color of your mailbox. Some refer to Cary as ideal for Stepford Wives (LOL).
I find your post repugnant as well as untrue. In the 4.5 years I've been a member of CD, you've posted this about Cary on several occasions. I find Cary to be a great place to live and am so glad I didn't let your ignorant comments sway my decision to move here.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:00 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,623,277 times
Quote:

I own a home in an HOA and do all of the above, without asking anyone. Have you taken the time to read the CCRs of an HOA?

I'm not a fan of HOA's either. I like to restore cars, want to store an RV on my property and a few other things that are not permitted in most HOA communities. I had to read my CC&Rs cover to cover 3 times and load up on tums to get over the decision to buy in one, and was still uneasy when I signed the contract. But the truth is many HOAs do not get nearly as controlling as you imply. In the 4 years I spent in an HOA I never had a problem with them. I knew the rules they were going to enforce, I accepted those rules when I signed the contract and I abide by those rules while living there. Much the same as your contract with your landlord.

I had many different window coverings, planters, gardens, and even built a Jeep in my garage. Never a peep from the HOA.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I find your post repugnant as well as untrue. In the 4.5 years I've been a member of CD, you've posted this about Cary on several occasions. I find Cary to be a great place to live and am so glad I didn't let your ignorant comments sway my decision to move here.
As a great scholar once said "I don't agree with what you say, but will fight to the death for your right to say it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary