Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:17 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,836,713 times

Advertisements

Relocation in this economy should be based on where you can get set up in a job, not where you will meet men (which can be anywhere).

In general, the Triangle area is known as a family area--lots of suburbs and such. Young single people often find it a little boring, though there is certainly nightlife. But if that it your primary reason for moving somewhere, I don't think this area would be at the top of a "best places to meet marrying-type men" list.

See where the jobs are in your field and then check the "climates" for dating in those areas. Your attitude (from what I can see) would likely come on a little strong (predatory) here. You probably want a bigger city a little more urban--try Atlanta?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 03:25 PM

33 posts, read 55,410 times
Stop looking and you will find him.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:51 PM

273 posts, read 619,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Relocation in this economy should be based on where you can get set up in a job, not where you will meet men (which can be anywhere).
This is true, but my first wifes relocation goal was to meet rich men. Perhaps thats a job all in itself.

I would disagree in general about relocating somewhere just for a job as the primary reason. Some folks like to enjoy life instead of an office. I'm retiring in October and moving to Florida. So there! (I'm serious, too!)

Old 05-28-2012, 06:16 PM

451 posts, read 1,157,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Perhaps you should leave it up to those who are relocating to decide what is important to them in a new place.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:00 PM

596 posts, read 1,240,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledesultor View Post
Hi all! I'm thinking relocating to Raleigh, because it is suppose to be a great place for young professionals, and also very pretty. I am 33, and looking to find a place to live that has not only great guys but marriage type guys. I live in NY right now, and guys kill it here, but aren't serious about settling down. They blow through women, because they can, there's so many of us.And everyone here is so focused on careers. Is Raleigh a young place? What's the dating scene like there? I almost feel like either people are college age or married already and settled down. I'm looking for a great place to relocate with a large portion of 30 somethings who are into settling down. I wanna a husband like yesterday. Maybe I should move to Denver? Texas? Any advice?
This place would not be my first choice, just saying not too much going on in these parts Lol I'm NYC born and raised, and lived in Ft Lauderdale almost 30 years this area is neither of those places !! Just my opinion...... Best of luck in your decision making ! In my opinion one can' t make one trip here and decide this is where they want to live !!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:24 PM

4 posts, read 10,975 times
How about West Virginia? The women are so attractively challenged there, that the men are dying to meet a real woman. They will lock you down!! Of course this will only work if you are eye candy yourself.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:29 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
The hit song here seems to be Save a horse, ride a cowboy...so I am thinking the odds are in your favor. Not that this married 52 year old with no children can ever be in touch with Raleigh social life.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:40 PM

9 posts, read 17,039 times
Men are everywhere. I would just position myself for the right opportunity. In other words, be your best self emotionally, mentally, and physically. Be light and breezy and men will flock to you. Know what you want and never settle for less. Don't go shopping for a man - look for an investment! Be strategic! You get the point! All the best to you!!!

Old 06-04-2012, 10:33 AM

75 posts, read 195,926 times
You really can't say if one area or another is better to meet a man to marry - it depends on the particular men that you meet. You could come to NC and meet the man of your dreams only to find out that he is the one shark in the tank. Or you could move to a place with there's tons of eligible men, but you can't find the one for you. It's all subjective. You should be sure that YOU like the area you're moving to first and foremost and think about the prospect of being happy with or without a husband. Forging a marital relationship isn't about the "where", it's about the "who".

Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 AM

171 posts, read 448,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledesultor View Post
Hi all! I'm thinking relocating to Raleigh, because it is suppose to be a great place for young professionals, and also very pretty. I am 33, and looking to find a place to live that has not only great guys but marriage type guys. I live in NY right now, and guys kill it here, but aren't serious about settling down. They blow through women, because they can, there's so many of us.And everyone here is so focused on careers. Is Raleigh a young place? What's the dating scene like there? I almost feel like either people are college age or married already and settled down. I'm looking for a great place to relocate with a large portion of 30 somethings who are into settling down. I wanna a husband like yesterday. Maybe I should move to Denver? Texas? Any advice?
I'm from NY, and I was one of those guys who was killing it up there (killing it down here too, LOL). My sense is that a higher proportion of guys are looking to settle down here, but of course, there are far fewer single men in their 30s to early 40s.

From what I've seen, more than anything else, women need to lose the 'never settle' mentality that gets promoted by modern culture. There are plenty of guys in NY who are looking for marriage, but women are too busy chasing richer, better looking guys (even when they don't have much to offer said men). If you have that mentality, you'll run into the same issues down here, just with fewer options. Not that I'm complaining; the 'never settle' mentality just means I have to order condoms in bulk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary