Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 07:38 PM

360 posts, read 995,867 times

Advertisements

Maple View Dairy is not that great, not dense or creamy enough, tastes more like what used to be called ice milk. Chick fil a, really? Henry's Gelato has too much of a mousse texture, and is super pricey. Haven't tried Sunni Skies, but if it's anything close to the places back home then I'll have to give it a try!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 07:44 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
Maple View is GREAT! We have lived here for 4 months and I cannot even tell you how many times we have been there. We have even taken a tour of the farm. Their ice cream is made fresh from their own dairy cows. Delicious!

Old 06-14-2012, 07:51 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I really like Henry's Gelato, Maple View Farm and of course, the NCSU dairy ice cream at the state fair! Haven't tried Sunni Skies, I'll add it to my to do list!
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that NCSU is selling their ice cream somewhere other than the State Fair?

Vicki

Old 06-14-2012, 08:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
New Carolina Guy,

You are in North Raleigh right? No need to drive out to Carrboro for Ice Cream from Maple View Farms.

Checkout:

The Ice Cream Cottage in downtown Wake Forest - They sell Maple View Farms Ice Cream

Lumpy's Ice Cream in Wake Forest - They make their own ice cream using maple view farms cream

The Dairy Depot - Not sure what kind of ice cream they have, but they are a Mom & Pop Read: Mouthful - Wake Forest Dairy Depot, an ice cream and sandwich shop, now open | newsobserver.com blogs

Old 06-14-2012, 08:04 PM

109 posts, read 169,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Well, the kind I grew up loving anyway...the hand cranked kind
Have you tried the ice cream at the State Fair from the John Deere tractor machines? Delicious.

OP, this won't help much locally, but if you ever find yourself in or near Wrightsville Beach, search out Boombalatti's ... It's worth it.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:16 PM

826 posts, read 1,933,097 times
Fresh, on Glenwood Ave by Taverna Agora and Golden Corral, also sells Maple View Ice Cream. And a food science major from NC State also tells me the NC State Creamery is great as well!

Our Story - Fresh Local Ice Cream

Howling Cow

Old 06-14-2012, 10:24 PM

360 posts, read 995,867 times
I didn't realize NC State made ice cream! I'll have to try it and see if it even holds a candle to Penn State's creamery! I sure could go for a big scoop of Peachy Paterno right about now:-)

Old 06-14-2012, 11:03 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,598,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCarolinaGuy View Post
Hello. It's summer time and I'm pretty sure we all love ice cream! I have a hard time saying no to a bowl of ice cream or a waffle cone of soft serve with rainbow jimmys, but what I want is home made ice cream. No Goodberry or DQ or Cold Stone, I want mom & pop ice cream shop! I've been in NC for 2 years now and Kilwins & Sunset Slushy have been good...but I'm look for great!

Thoughts...
Those poor lactose intolerant folks....

Old 06-15-2012, 05:41 AM

387 posts, read 638,302 times
Another vote for Sunni Skies! Somewhere over 50 flavors (i think...), and all made in-house!

Old 06-15-2012, 05:49 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,380,927 times
Yet another vote for Sunni Skies! I'm actually looking forward to Father's Day this year, partly because I love my Dad, but also because I know he loves ice cream and is going to request a trip out there to celebrate. A win-win situation if there ever was one!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary