Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2007, 07:45 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

Sadly the tickets for this event are all sold out. I need to mark it on my calendar for next year. I am interested in volunteering as a pourer, but was curious if anybody here has volunteered to work this event in the past. Just wondering what I might be getting my self into!

World Beer Festival Durham (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 08:14 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,741 times
I heard that helping out is fun, although while you are 'on the clock' you cannot go around to any of the other booths. I have not done it before, but I hear this from friends...

I will be at the 2nd session. It should be a great time! I know I have seen some tickets on Craigslist...

Old 09-28-2007, 08:20 AM

607 posts, read 2,431,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Sadly the tickets for this event are all sold out. I need to mark it on my calendar for next year. I am interested in volunteering as a pourer, but was curious if anybody here has volunteered to work this event in the past. Just wondering what I might be getting my self into!

World Beer Festival Durham (broken link)
I missed it as well, but I signed up to be alerted in 2008 for the April Beer fest. They are not taking volunteers yet for that one.

Liz

Old 09-28-2007, 08:25 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
I'll be there as well, although I forget which session that I bought tickets for

I'm in a beer club and many of the guys are volunteering to help. They've done it many times, so I imagine that it can't be too bad or they wouldn't sign up again. I think that you get a T-shirt and a post-event dinner if you volunteer, but don't take my word for it. My understanding is that serving in the cask ale tent is the place to be.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
From Julie Johnson Bradford's N&O article today:

"Beer drinkers heading to the sold-out World Beer Festival on Oct. 6 in Durham will have the chance to sample [Durham's Triangle brewery's] golden [ale] and have a preview taste of some potential new beers."

Cool. Now that's some consumer research that I'll be happy to assist with.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
I'll be there as well, although I forget which session that I bought tickets for

I'm in a beer club and many of the guys are volunteering to help. They've done it many times, so I imagine that it can't be too bad or they wouldn't sign up again. I think that you get a T-shirt and a post-event dinner if you volunteer, but don't take my word for it. My understanding is that serving in the cask ale tent is the place to be.
Thanks for the info. I decided to sign up to volunteer next weekend. I am looking forward to it. Should be a good time!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:36 PM

331 posts, read 1,127,046 times
Sounds like a pain. You must really want that t-shirt.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
Sounds like a pain. You must really want that t-shirt.

Yup, volunteering, meeting new people, pouring a few beers......what a nightmare!

I may need the extra shirt since according to Jim Cramer, I am apt to lose the shirt of my back becasue of the poor housing market.

Woe is me!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 PM

331 posts, read 1,127,046 times
Quote:
I may need the extra shirt since according to Jim Cramer, I am apt to lose the shirt of my back becasue of the poor housing market.
Aren't you the guy who is always writing about his $160k house in N Raleigh? You can't lose your shirt if you don't have one in the first place.

Quote:
Woe is me!

"Woe am I."

Please apologize to your high school English teachers.

Last edited by Dave O; 09-28-2007 at 09:59 PM..

Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
"Woe am I."

Please apologize to your high school English teachers.
Here is some light reading for you fine sir.

Woe is us, continued - The Boston Globe

Your apology is noted and accepted.

Feel free to stop by my booth at the Beer festival. I might even pour you an extra ounce if you are nice.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary