Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,418 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find men an women who were little kids in the late, late 1950s or 1960s who lived in Moore county, mainly Southern Pines North Carolina. Come on; there has got to be someone who remembers our lovely little town? Worshams grocery store, the only two Drs in town? Patches Department store and the old Post Office and Library....I need to find some originals out there! My dad was a Highway patrol officer and he and my brother got haircuts at the barber in Aberdeen.
I had to move away but I would have gone to Pinecrest High, class of 1970
Thanks anyone out there. Southern pines is one of the best villages in the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 4,577 times
hi,
im john macdonald, born in pinehurst in 1964. I do remember many things about our "little" town. Times have changed i must say in the way the population has exploded. Traffic is a nightmare. Some how it retains the charm in down town southren pines. Its still a wonderful place to live.
have a nice day.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,927 times
My Name is Robert King and I am writing a book about an all black high school that existed in the small northern Virginia town of Front Royal, Virginia between 1959-1966. It so happens that the athletic director and his wife, Annie and McKinley Armstrong taught here in Southern Pines in the mid 50's before accepting a their teaching positions in Front Royal Virginia. Of course then they taught black kids and decided to leave to make more money because of a growing family. They did indicate that most of the children they taught did not come to class during harvest season.

good luck

Old 04-12-2011, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,344 times
To Windsweptlonging: I was one of the people that lived in Southern Pines in the '50s, left in the 70's. I went to Pinecrest High School. I was trying to remember Mr. Gibbs, my Glee Club director. Never knew his first name. He was also my choir director at "The Church of Wide Fellowship" Do I ever remember Worshams. You could call in an order, and have it delivered to you. Patches Dept store was the elite store in town. Dr. Hiatt (spelling could be off) was my doctor. Then playing hooky and sitting in the train station. Sunrise Theater, run by Mr. Dutton. Sandwich Shop, and the Clam Box on the way to Aberdeen. What about Aberdeen lake, with the juke box? I could go on and on. Great times!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary