Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 09:44 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,942,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I meant - when you get to the 540 split coming back, you have options. If there was a wreck or other reasons that 40 or the Beltline were stopped up, you COULD take 540. And if so, then you have options - Glenwood exit to Beltline, G'wood to Millbrook, take 540 all the way to 6 Forks, etc.
True, but all the alternate commutes turn into hellish commutes too when I-40 west has a major problem. The couple of times that I-40 has been shutdown (including just a few weeks ago), my end of day commute from Raleigh to Chapel Hill using alternate routes has typically taken between 2 and 3 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 AM

234 posts, read 822,903 times
I am riding the bus to UNC everyday and it is great. The ride is stress free and I can check my email, surf the net or read a book. The best part is the money you save on gas and car maintenance. I calculated everything out and I could not believe how much I saved, it was really an eye opener!!

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I would definitely look into that. I recently saw where TTA will be allowed to run the right side of the road in case of bumper to bumper traffic from Raleigh to Chapel Hill and Durham.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:49 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNC View Post
I am riding the bus to UNC everyday and it is great. The ride is stress free and I can check my email, surf the net or read a book. The best part is the money you save on gas and car maintenance. I calculated everything out and I could not believe how much I saved, it was really an eye opener!!

John
My daughter lived on Brooks Ave. in Raleigh and commuted to UNC her last two years of school. It was only a few steps to the TTA stop at Hillsborough St. She didn't even own a car, and she thought she was in high cotton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary