Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:25 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,157,625 times

Advertisements

I have an event in Durham on Thursday and one of the food trucks we were supposed to be having canceled on us yesterday. Now I'm on a mad scramble to find another savory truck (already have dessert worked out) available for this Thursday! Can anybody help me out? Feel free to PM me if you know of someone!

Trucks I've already been in contact with:
Kokyu
Chirba Chirba
Old North State
Will and Pops
Pie Pushers
Klausie's
American Meltdown
Only Burger
Sympathy for the Deli

We're hoping to have someone that most of their food is $6 or less. Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 07:00 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,291,908 times
Have you tried valentinos? Also may want to give Sarges Chef a call. The only thing is I don't know what food trucks would meet your $6 criteria.

Here is a comprehensive list of all the food trucks in the area with short descriptions and contact info.

Mouthful - List of the Triangle food trucks: on the road and in the works | newsobserver.com blogs

Wish I could be more help. Really stinks that somebody canceled on you. That is the one thing I have noticed with some of the trucks, they are sometimes a little unreliable. Not all, but some. Good luck!

Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,791,567 times
Here's a list...hope it helps!
Food Trucks | Carpe Durham

Old 08-21-2012, 07:21 AM

843 posts, read 2,101,181 times
Joe's Diner?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:26 AM

533 posts, read 1,199,322 times
What about the Porchetta truck or Baguettabout It? I think their sandwiches were in the $6 range.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:01 AM

924 posts, read 2,104,474 times
No taco trucks at all? There are a lot of good ones around these days. Personally, I really like Tacos El Corral, which is at Watson's Flea Market on Saturdays and Sundays, but also has two or three other vehicles that make other appearances elsewhere in the Triangle. I'm not sure exactly how to get a hold of them (at least before Saturday at Watson's), but maybe through their Facebook page?:
Facebook

I'm not even certain that that's the right Facebook page, since there's really no info on it. The Tacos El Corral truck I'm talking about has a distinctive logo of a cowboy riding an angry-looking hot pepper painted on the sides of their trailers. Maybe somebody else on here knows where to find them during the week. The other place I specifically remember seeing them set-up, besides Watson's, is at some of the Carolina Railhawks games. But even if you couldn't get them, surely you could line-up another good taco truck instead. It would seem like a shame to have a food truck gathering like that without at least one excellent taqueria.

Good luck!

Last edited by tompope; 08-21-2012 at 08:23 AM..

Old 08-21-2012, 08:26 AM

Yeah the hard part with the taco trucks is getting in contact with them! If anyone knows an email address or phone number of one of the taco trucks around here I would definitely be interested in one of those. Unfortunately I'm pretty much tied down to the office this week so no driving around on the hunt for trucks haha.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea1107 View Post
What about the Porchetta truck or Baguettabout It? I think their sandwiches were in the $6 range.
They're both already booked Thursday, too

Old 08-21-2012, 08:32 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,291,908 times
I would try captain pancho's tacos ( they are on the list I shared). They regularly do events. Many of the other taco trucks you see are regulars at specific spots, but you rarely see them at organized events. Still worth a shot I guess. I think you are having trouble because there are typically a lot of lunchtime food truck rodeos in FTP on Thursdays. I'm sure somebody will be free though. Good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capta...39473779418250

Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 AM

533 posts, read 1,199,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Yeah the hard part with the taco trucks is getting in contact with them! If anyone knows an email address or phone number of one of the taco trucks around here I would definitely be interested in one of those. Unfortunately I'm pretty much tied down to the office this week so no driving around on the hunt for trucks haha.
Taqueria y Pupersria Orellana has a truck parked outside its store. I've never seen it out at events, but I have heard it goes to the Durham Green Flea Market on Saturdays/Sundays. Maybe they can help you.

5300 N Roxboro Rd
Durham, NC 27712
(919) 471-3299
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary