Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

I think we should focus on the food.....
A BLT is starting to sound pretty good right now......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I think we should focus on the food.....
A BLT is starting to sound pretty good right now......
If you go to La Farm, get a poulet au frommage.

Hey. There's bacon on it...

Old 09-06-2012, 08:50 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
If you go to La Farm, get a poulet au frommage.

Hey. There's bacon on it...
Probably going to swing down to IPub...
BLT as it is meant to be.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,341,299 times
I've never been, but my fiancé has a couple times while out and about for work. He's enjoyed it, but I believe it's cash only.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:24 AM

9,775 posts, read 15,776,851 times
I drove by that place everyday last spring taking my kid to preschool. At first, I couldn't figure out what the place was, but then I realized it was a BLT place. Now I can see that it was a gas station. It seems pretty popular, maybe because there is a bus stop right nearby. As a vegetarian, I cannot confirm, though.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:30 AM

915 posts, read 2,381,626 times
Not the OP's question, but Sympathy for the Deli (a food truck) makes a mean BLT and sets up in front of Cliff's in Carrborro every Friday night...

Old 09-06-2012, 12:02 PM

99 posts, read 181,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Many real estate agents who want to advertise here skirt the rules by posting under their real name, both here and in the RE forum. I'm sure it doesn't hurt their business, especially if they make nice with the other members

Certainly if I had a real estate transaction in the offing, there are a couple here who'd be at the top of my list to call.

As far as driving "all the way to Chapel Hill"....well, it's part of the Triangle And people can make most anything at home that they can get at a restaurant, there's more to eating out than just that!
I agree. Again, not picking on anyone just some observations. It's all good. I eat out too and love bacon. I wouldn't go out of my way to drive over to CH just for that, but I'd definitely go by next time I'm up there.

Now.....biscuits and gravy, that's another story.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:59 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,292,600 times
Longtime Merritt's fan so I have to chime in - been going there for Years. It used to be a gas station/convenience store that always had a grill. Now just focusing on the grill. They added Very limited seating inside & gets even busier than ever since the WRAL story. No wait service. Just walk to the back counter where the grill is to order & wait for your food. Was there a few weeks ago a saw three very old ladies walk in dressed to the nines. Wondered if they saw the story on WRAL and drove from the ritzy retirement village in Ferrington and didn't know the setup. They were really struggling and didn't seem to know how to handle no wait service. Anyway, see Yelp for reviews. They also have a FB page and a website. They have live music often and a special sandwich each day which is posted on FB. Much more seating outside in front & back. They will take a credit cards, but don't know if there's a minimum order. They also have their own coffee brew & it's really good. Stand up coolers full of beverages and a few sides. BLT's are great & in the summer they use local maters. Love the bacon, egg & cheese for breakfast too. Their prices have climbed in the last few years. Used to pay about $3.50 from sandwich a coffee 10 years ago, now for two of us it's nearly $20.00.

Another great place for a BLT is The Tavern in Durham. Nice little bar on Markham behind Elmo's in the old Music Loft space. Pretty wide menu choices and always a good meal. Mostly locals late 30's & up. Pool & darts too. They have a website too.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:25 PM

810 posts, read 1,448,997 times
A little tussle in the first page there...

Anyone ever notice that some days are just short-tempered?

Last edited by Sonorio; 09-07-2012 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Moderate

Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
I've only been to Merritt's in the summer months as I don't eat BLT's out of season. But I thought they did a great job of their BLTs. A nice selection of different quality breads, good bacon that isn't over done, fresh local tomato and lettuce. What's not to love? They have a fun selection of natural sodas too.

And the people are very friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary