Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:20 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times

Advertisements

With regards to the planned communities and new houses. We like the ones that have community pools and rec centers etc... LOL all i hear is the little boxes song as i type this. Call me tacky i love the look and feel of those communities [/quote]

We like it too we just signed a contract (well, about a month ago now!) with Pulte Homes.[/quote]

Did you get one of the FREE basements they are giving away? I think it is a great idea since when it is time to re sell, buyers won't pay much for a basement!

Vicki

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-20-2012 at 09:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 12:27 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,152,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I think you'll have a hard time finding a single-family home with the amenities you describe that's not very old anywhere close to RTP.
I guess it depends on your definition of old but there's lots of neighborhoods in Cary that have a pool and rec center in the neighborhood. My neighborhood was built in the late-70s, early-80s and has one. But I don't consider that particularly old since the first house we put a bid on was built in the 1940s.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
I guess it depends on your definition of old but there's lots of neighborhoods in Cary that have a pool and rec center in the neighborhood. My neighborhood was built in the late-70s, early-80s and has one. But I don't consider that particularly old since the first house we put a bid on was built in the 1940s.

Agreed. The OP had mentioned liking the newer neighborhoods, so that's why I called this point out.
I love older neighborhoods. Big trees!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:20 PM

43 posts, read 98,523 times
Thanks for the replies. Not having the community pool and rec center amenities would not be deal breakers for us if we could find a nice house in a planned development within our budget. New to me would be anything after 90s but the newer the better, even though my house on LI was built in 1947.

Thanks again.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:36 PM

147 posts, read 370,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Did you get one of the FREE basements they are giving away? I think it is a great idea since when it is time to sell, buyers won't pay much for a basement!

Vicki
No we bought a townhouse- but when we were ther in the office on site, people were enquiring about the single family homes and, if I heard right, 50k for hte basement. But maybe 50k was the price to finish a basement? does that sound right? the finished basement (we visited a model just for kicks) were GORGEOUS. I coudl live in just the baement!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-20-2012 at 09:37 PM..

Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsciusco View Post
No we bought a townhouse- but when we were ther in the office on site, people were enquiring about the single family homes and, if I heard right, 50k for hte basement. But maybe 50k was the price to finish a basement? does that sound right? the finished basement (we visited a model just for kicks) were GORGEOUS. I coudl live in just the baement!
I think the incentive was for a FREE UNFINISHED basement.

Vicki

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-20-2012 at 09:41 PM..

Old 09-22-2012, 05:57 AM

1,337 posts, read 2,208,130 times
Just moved to Clayton a couple months ago. There are homes here in that price range-seem to be a lot of subdivisions and the best: No wake co. school drama! Not much to do in Clayton itself, but it's a nice change of pace for us, we feel safer than our city in the midwest, and things to do are not too far of a drive.
My husband drives to N. Raleigh to work and it's about 30 minutes, not too bad.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:50 AM

43 posts, read 98,523 times
Thanks for the reply, i hadn't even heard of Clayton before. We have been looking through different realty websites and there seems to be plenty of homes in all 3 locations for our budget with and without the community pools(mostly without). In general would you say the desirability of the areas goes Cary, Apex, Holly?

Thanks.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:15 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,420,100 times
If you think Holly Springs is too far from RTP, then you will likely scratch Clayton from your list.
Holly Springs is 27 miles from Durham.
Clayton is 42 miles from Durham.

Driving Distance from Holly Springs, NC to Durham, NC

Old 09-22-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaysideJR View Post
Thanks for the reply, i hadn't even heard of Clayton before. We have been looking through different realty websites and there seems to be plenty of homes in all 3 locations for our budget with and without the community pools(mostly without). In general would you say the desirability of the areas goes Cary, Apex, Holly?

Thanks.
Yes, you have it right! And on the other side, you have North Raleigh and then, Wake Forest.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary