Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 09:51 PM

663 posts, read 1,620,174 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know a part time mechanic in the area?

I am in morrisville and need routine brake service on my Camry. (all disc). I buy the parts and need some who can do the install labor. (Rear rotors alone need to be resurfaced).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 10:27 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,171,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcretro View Post
Does anyone know a part time mechanic in the area?

I am in morrisville and need routine brake service on my Camry. (all disc). I buy the parts and need some who can do the install labor. (Rear rotors alone need to be resurfaced).
Beware on Toyotas. Many aftermarket pads, even top quality, do not work right on factory disk rotors. They are OK if you are also replacing rotors with aftermarket parts.

My mechanic tried and it squealed like a city bus. Buying pads from Toyota worked.

Leith Toyota is a great shop and I have taken all my work there since I bought a new Corolla in 2008.

Remember, if a part is bad and you brought it, the repeat labor is on you.

I used to run a service station years ago.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:19 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,655,324 times
You could try the "services wanted" (or whatever the subject is called) on craigslist. I haven't used it before but I've heard from friends no matter what they put on there they get multiple offers.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:42 AM

248 posts, read 754,727 times
Happy Japs in Cary

Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 AM

68 posts, read 153,131 times
Joe's Automotive repair in Cary-- 120 Woodwinds Industrial Court--liked
him and he seemed honest and able--I'd give him a try

Old 10-15-2012, 09:32 PM

78 posts, read 353,800 times
Not sure why my previous post was deleted. I guess the mods didnt understand my post.

I recently did the brake job for the OP. Great guy, hope to deal with him again. I am in eastern Wake county and do work on the side for anyone interested, ASE certified mechanic, 14 years experience. I have plenty of references if needed. I specialize in Dodge and Chrylser vehicles but have in depth experience with many other makes as well. I no longer do it for a living but enjoy doing it on the side. Not trying to advertise, just felt I needed to explain myself since my post was deleted. :-/

Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 PM

450 posts, read 1,554,340 times
I always go to Import Motor Werks (previously MPowered Automotive) in Cary. They are very good, work fast, and their prices are very reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary