Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2007, 02:29 PM

32 posts, read 117,742 times

Advertisements

How was your experience in obtaining a teaching position in Wake. Also ,did they have another 5% raise in salaries this school year 08'? I am an external applicant and the schedules are not listed yet I am a guidance counsleor with 9 years experience, what are my chances coming from out of state?
I love these icons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 06:07 PM

19 posts, read 72,631 times
Thumbs up 7th Grade Science teacher needed

West Cary Middle School is in desperate need of a 7th grade science teacher. Please contact them asap to inquire.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:49 PM

107 posts, read 425,401 times
Default may be a little tough since the school year has started

It may be tough trying to get a position now. I think the best time to find a job is in the spring. That being said- if there is a position open the school is probably desperate to fill it. My advise- contact the schools (and the district office) directly. I noticed that positions posted online may not be up to date. FYI: When I applied to Durham (and Boston) online I didn't hear a response but when I went in person I got job offers everywhere that had an open position.
Good luck.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:36 AM

188 posts, read 1,144,536 times
I found a jobs right way at a great school when I was hired in '03. Salaries did go up an average of 5% this year. Schools are always loking for guidance counselors, especially since multiple schools open each year. Go to the job fair in the spring, and make personal calls to schools right before the job fair. I'm sure you can line something up before the end of this school year.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:03 PM

66 posts, read 237,093 times
Hi! I am about to graduate college and am hoping to get a teaching position in Chapel Hill/Durham/Cary. Can someone point me in what direction I need to go to find some info (online directions)? I am going to teach for about 1 year in order to become a 'resident' so that I can get my grad degree at UNC for less than half the cost..

Old 11-05-2007, 04:52 PM

144 posts, read 556,342 times
I would just search the Wake County Public School System if you want to teach in cary. North Carolina Public Schools for Durham and for Chapel Hill: www.chccs.k12.nc.us/

also North Carolina Public Schools has some job search and other information

Old 11-06-2007, 04:57 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,266 times
Exclamation what's your discipline??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancynicole View Post
Hi! I am about to graduate college and am hoping to get a teaching position in Chapel Hill/Durham/Cary. Can someone point me in what direction I need to go to find some info (online directions)? I am going to teach for about 1 year in order to become a 'resident' so that I can get my grad degree at UNC for less than half the cost..
what do you teach?

Old 11-06-2007, 12:07 PM

29 posts, read 89,042 times
There's a job fair for Wake County Schools on December 1 and also again in the spring. They're adding approx. 7000 students a year, so you shouldn't have a problem finding a job. Wake has several all year-round schools so there are job openings posted now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary