Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 PM

3,311 posts, read 8,574,183 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be closing on a new house in Apex most likely in May 2013. We're wondering if any new shopping or retail stores are coming to Apex in the near future. Are there any warehouse clubs like BJ's or Costco planed, or any other cool national chain stores?

I've done some research, but I can't seem to find much.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,168,042 times
Beaver Creek seems to hit most of the major chains. I'm sure there will be retail development around the 540 exit in the near future.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 AM

Thanks Eva. I know what Beaver Creek offers and that's great, but any plans for warehouse clubs or any other major chain stores that Beaver Creek does not offer?

Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 AM

9,366 posts, read 14,175,776 times
You have unwittingly hit another issue on the head: All big malls around here seem to have the same big stores! Well, that may be an overstatement, but not by much. If you are moving to Apex, especially if you are going to be near NC55/US1 you will probably be going to a huge new shopping complex in Holly Springs called Holly Springs Towne Center (new name) or Newhill Place (old name). Do an online search on that. So far there are no big warehouse clubs out there, but the way things are growing I bet it won't be long.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 AM

4,480 posts, read 11,635,072 times
Rumor has it that Costco is looking at building a new store in Cary, but no specifics yet (other than the one deal falling through). Honestly I think this area has plenty of shopping/shopping malls already, especially since they all seem to have the same stores.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 AM

luv4horses, thanks. I think we drove past that place this past week when we were looking at a house in Holly Springs. We were actually looking at the house, not because we wanted to move there, but because it was the same floor plan as the place we're building in Apex. Looks like Holly Springs Towne Center won't really have anything more or different than Beaver Creek. Beaver Creek is nice, but we really would love to have a BJ's or Costco closer by. Looks like we'll still be shopping at the BJ's in Brier Creek (which is only 2 miles from where we live now) or more than likely the one at Crossroads Cary.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want too much more retail in areas previously zoned residential, but retail in the right areas is a good thing. It's always good for the economy when you have growing areas like the Triangle. Do it smartly, but growth generally means that you live in a thriving area, which I'm sure most of us want. The world is growing and whether we like it or not, the Triangle will be growing with it.

I think we're really going to enjoy living in Apex. We love the area of NW Raleigh we live in now, but any new construction within a 3 miles radius from here would be too expensive for our budget, especially what we want in a house. We can go to Apex and build a 3,000 sf house for under $350k on a quarter acre lot with a great floor plan and TONS of upgrades. To build that house in NW Raleigh in the Leesville rd. corridor, would have been at least $500k, which is closer to the northern Virginia prices that we left behind...lol. We might have been able to swing that if we wanted to eat ramen noodles and plow all of our money every month to just our mortgage. Apex really appeals to us since it's a happy medium of not being too close to the denser development closer to Raleigh, but not being too far away either. we're still both 20-25 minutes from our jobs in RTP and DT Raleigh respectively. Plus the quaint little downtown of Apex can't be beat for this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary