Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 08:58 PM

245 posts, read 809,456 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Does anyone have any information on this development going in next to Kitts Creek in Morrisville? We have looked at Twin Lakes and Kitts Creek and happened upon Providence Place today. Loved it but want more info.

Thank you,
Meg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2006, 09:39 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
I've heard that Providence Place is being built by K. Hovnanian Homes. They are going to have a swim pool. From what I've seen, houses are beautiful. Although I must say...I really do not like Kitts Creek. I felt like I was looking at homes decorted with crayons! What else would you like to know about Providence Place? You should have your agent ask about incentives. If you don't ask, they don't always tell. Again...please take a buyer's agent with you...no cost to you and the help is invaluable! Vicki

Old 10-16-2006, 08:59 AM

39 posts, read 175,799 times
Default kitts creek

Vicki,
i am looking at kitts creek, one reason is it is so close to my husbands office on davis dr. i want a family-friendly neighborhood and diff architectural styles, etc. however, i'm slightly turned off by the "type" of arch styles it has; like craftsman AND victorian right next to each other. i can get over that if the neighborhood amenities are high quality and the houses are built well. --i don't mind houses being close together, i'm big on walking the hood and curb appeal. i want to see neighbors on the street and in the front yard--(i say that bc it seems many ppl on this board want more privacy than that).

Please take a moment and tell me more on why u don't like it. shoddy construction? no stores around? does it feel like disney? i really appreciate u're opinions. btw, i plan on getting a buyer's agent. will be buying in spring, summer.

thanks!

Old 10-16-2006, 02:54 PM

245 posts, read 809,456 times
[quote=VickiR;127062]I've heard that Providence Place is being built by K. Hovnanian Homes.

Could anyone tell me about the rep of K. Hovnanian homes? My husband and I were convinced we DIDN'T want a brand new house, so I know nothing about the builders (except basics, like financially we are more KB than Toll Brothers!). I know Hovnanian is a national company. The houses at Providence Place were very appealing to me, and the neighborhood looks like it could have a LOT of promise.

Kitt's Creek: I wanted so badly to like it, but yes, it did feel like Disneyworld in that the home designs were too varied and also some felt completely out of place. For example, there was a brick townhouse style that reminded me of row houses in Baltimore's Federal Hill or Boston's Back Bay... but these were free-standing single-family homes! And they might have a Queen Anne gingerbread looking home next door! And then a home styled after upstate NY old lake houses next to that! I also wondered what kind of motley crew it would attract as buyers. The houses are so different and unconnected to each other... will the people living in them also be as varied? And more importantly, will they be as unconnected to each other? We were STILL keeping an open mind about Kitt's Creek when it hit us: where would visitors park if we had a get-together? I want a traditional driveway, not a one-way alley behind houses.

Loved the Lily Pad homes at Twin Lakes, and found Providence Place to be rather similar to that. Will definitely look to Vicki or one of her ilk to help us sort through the process once we get ready to move (spring.)

Old 10-16-2006, 03:04 PM

6 posts, read 23,047 times
Everyone...

Take an agent with you to new home sites..its no cost to you! I will be glad to assist anyone. I am a buyers agent, working exclusivley with buyers. The agents onsite will not inform you of everything that you need to know, plus, they work for the builder and want to get the highest price. Some will negotiate...even if they say they won't! Im available to assist anyone that needs it..or just to answer questions!

Jayme

Old 10-16-2006, 03:23 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,036,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolahbelle View Post
Vicki,
i am looking at kitts creek, one reason is it is so close to my husbands office on davis dr. i want a family-friendly neighborhood and diff architectural styles, etc. however, i'm slightly turned off by the "type" of arch styles it has; like craftsman AND victorian right next to each other. i can get over that if the neighborhood amenities are high quality and the houses are built well. --i don't mind houses being close together, i'm big on walking the hood and curb appeal. i want to see neighbors on the street and in the front yard--(i say that bc it seems many ppl on this board want more privacy than that).

Please take a moment and tell me more on why u don't like it. shoddy construction? no stores around? does it feel like disney? i really appreciate u're opinions. btw, i plan on getting a buyer's agent. will be buying in spring, summer.

thanks!

I helped a friend buy a house at kitts creek, they were something like the 7th house in there to be lived in. I talked with the builder/developer for a long time (this was before the nice salescenter was built!). Anyhow, I digress. My friends like the amenities and conveniences of the neighborhood, they have had some frustrations with the builder simply because there were things like they couldn't put their play set up because it was too big for the back yard. They felt like he wasn't that easy to work with in changing things in the house or making upgrades. At the time they were building though, there really wasn't a sales staff to work with *****, and that frustrated them. The houses are all built on slabs (which is common in some areas of the country, but not so common on high end homes in this area). He feels that this is best type of construction, who knows though! I think their construction was good, pretty much like many other places out there. I think you have more flexibility there with upgrades because they are not a national builder and seem to work with you a little bit on changes.

My friends did not put hardwoods throughout the first floor because they wanted to save money on the front end, but in the long run, they wished they had.

Anyhow, let me know if you have more questions..

Leigh

Old 10-16-2006, 03:43 PM

39 posts, read 175,799 times
Default kitts creek

thanks leighbhe, good info.

more questions: do they allow decks or screend porches?

can u compare Kitts to highcroft or cameron pond? i looked at those 2 places when i visited last year. liked them, pricey, but quality construction (i'm not looking for a cheap house, i want a quality home to stay put in and raise my kids). i also looked at carpenter's village which i did not like. houses seemed cheaply built. can u tell me about the immediate area surrounding, outside the development...stores, place to walk, bike or run? isn't there a huge retail complex going in, alston place?

i won't be able to get down there until jan, so i'm anxious to find out what the area immed surrounding rtp/davis dr is like--spouse will work on davis dr. i really appreciate u're comments.

thanks!

Old 10-16-2006, 03:59 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolahbelle View Post
Vicki,

thanks!
Lolahbelle,

You are smart to have your own buyer's agent. I get so frustrated when people tell me that they didn't KNOW they could have their own agent. I know I sound like a broker record and I'm not asking for business...I just want buyers to understand the buyer process better and to be better protected.

I took my clients from Long Island in to Kitts Creek, after we went into Twin Lakes. By the way...Twin Lakes INVENTORY townhouses and homes are being discounted anywhere from $18,000 to $69,000!!!

So, the FIRST reaction from me AND my clients were...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??? Disneyworld it is! My clients were saying that they would not want to tell people that they live in the pink AND lavendar AND baby blue house with the witches' hat. Sorry guys...personal preferences and I happen to agree. As far as the building, we only went into one home so I didn't really look at it that closely. I guess we just didn't like Victorian and certainly didn't like the color options. But we all know that opinions are soooo different.

As for the Morrisville/Cary area, it was a bit too rural for my clients but as you will see, tons of shopping strips will be coming soon. And, to get to Cary is only maybe 5 minutes down the road?

Hope this helps.

Vicki

Old 10-16-2006, 06:29 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,036,436 times
I sent you a PM with some additional information about the subdivisions you were asking about.

Leigh

Old 11-09-2006, 01:15 PM

19 posts, read 71,550 times
Default My .02 cents worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Lolahbelle,

You are smart to have your own buyer's agent. I get so frustrated when people tell me that they didn't KNOW they could have their own agent. I know I sound like a broker record and I'm not asking for business...I just want buyers to understand the buyer process better and to be better protected.

I took my clients from Long Island in to Kitts Creek, after we went into Twin Lakes. By the way...Twin Lakes INVENTORY townhouses and homes are being discounted anywhere from $18,000 to $69,000!!!

So, the FIRST reaction from me AND my clients were...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??? Disneyworld it is! My clients were saying that they would not want to tell people that they live in the pink AND lavendar AND baby blue house with the witches' hat. Sorry guys...personal preferences and I happen to agree. As far as the building, we only went into one home so I didn't really look at it that closely. I guess we just didn't like Victorian and certainly didn't like the color options. But we all know that opinions are soooo different.

As for the Morrisville/Cary area, it was a bit too rural for my clients but as you will see, tons of shopping strips will be coming soon. And, to get to Cary is only maybe 5 minutes down the road?

Hope this helps.

Vicki

My wife and I looked at all 3, KB, KHov and Kitts Creek, before deciding Kitts Creek. Our first home was a Fortis home, which was bought out by it's parent
KHov.
-KB-
We initally liked KB at first, but the price just wasn't worth the house. I think it's evident to others which is why they are having to discount 18k to 69k. Also, if you go there now most of the homes are gray and not very welcoming as compared to the models, and there are so many ranches, which
combined with being small ranch plans, lead us to believe attracts an older buyer. We wanted to be in a division that had more of our age with young children. Like I said, just my opinion. We didn't think the airplanes would
be an issue, but really didn't like the cut through for Airport Blvd that would seperate the homes from the club. With 2 young kids just a dangerous addition.

-KHov-
We looked at these homes several times and were close to buying. We were looking at 100k in upgrades and wanted to know if they would deal, but he(Hobbs) said it didn't matter if we wanted a million in upgrades no negotiating
on non-specs. That turned us off quite a bit. While we think the the home is a good value they try to make up for it on upgrades. We didn't like the sizes of the yards for the size of house we wanted....backed right up to the trees, and the trees are in a buffer zone which wouldn't allow for clearing any. The train was pretty noisy, but we wanted to see about a lot further back, that's when we ran into the huge power lines, which are just shown as open space in the model, or it was. When we asked about them Hobbs stated, "They aren't going anywhere", which we took to mean that he'd had questions about them before and it really turned people off, which basically meant he knew the likely outcome of asking.
As I said above we bought a Fortis home before and I just wasn't happy with the sales people or the problems we encountered later. The base price is attractive, but it climbs easily w/ upgrades.
-Kitts Creek-
We looked here several times. The base home prices were good and the styles vary quite a bit, which I believe adds significant character to the neighborhood. The clubhouse and park is excellent and when the pool is
added next year it'll be really nice. We put down a deposit in May and it's looking like a Dec/Jan closing. After some initial delay they've picked up the pace quite a bit. We bought a home that looks into a buffered area and we got a big lot, 1/3 acre, which was one of the biggest. I have seen several homes w/ non existant yards, but my guess was the owners want it that way. I think once they get 100+ homeowners in there the neighborhood will
really come together. I work in the park and location was at close to the top of our list. My wife will be glad no more waiting 45 mins for me to get home. Upgrades were well priced too, compared to what we saw at KB and KHov, although I admit that we chose before the new sales center was opened and
we picked our options in a hot garage, but the standards really are upgrades
at other divisions.

Email me if you have any questions.

dean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary