Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 06:35 PM

51 posts, read 378,254 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Our family is really into Halloween. What does the Triangle offer?

Haunted houses or golf cart horror rides through a park, or big warehouse scene/acting walk through, or walking through the woods where people scare you--yeah I know, but ones paid for the Halloween event!?

The more creepy freaky and scary the better.

Thank you kindly,
Linda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2006, 07:17 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
I know that the raleigh Jaycees have a haunted house every year (seems to be one of their big fundraisers, gets lots of attention).

That is the only thing I can think of beacuse my kids are little and get scared enough walking through the neighborhood in the dark on halloween!

Leigh

Old 10-02-2006, 06:37 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
Well, as I mentioned before, the largest Halloween event in the Triangle is hands-down the downtown Chapel Hill street crawl with folks in costumes partying and getting crazy!
For kids though, I wouldn't reccommend it....unless they're very responsible teenagers you can trust to behave. However I have seen adults bring their kids (pre-teen and up) as chaperones too.

There are several events like jaycee groups putting on "Haunted House" fright shows....they're good for families.

About an hour west of RDU in southern Alamance County, near Snow Camp, I believe, there is a "fright tour/haunted tour" that is, from what I saw, a step above. Apparently it's run by guys who used to do make-up and effects for horror movies in L.A. but moved to NC. I don't think small children should go to that one though....I've seen adults leave it crying hysterically.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:03 AM

51 posts, read 378,254 times
Shoot RaleighRob is this already posted? How did I miss it? I'm sorry.

You've seen adults leave it crying? You wouldn't mean yourself? Now THAT one sounds great, how far away is that in drive time?

There really isn't much going on for the Halloween holiday in the Triangle! Over a million people too!

The examples I posted in my first post where all within 20 minutes of where we lived in NW Indiana. I really figured in the triangle with its cool weather, leaves changing colors and golf courses and kids kids kids it would have sooo many neat things like this. Oh, well.

ps I can't search on this forum anymore, I used to be able to, but now when I click down the search, I type, and watch the cursur advance keystroke by keystoke but THERE ARE NO LETTERS THERE! I enter anyway and nothing happens. Now that is scary MMmWWWwaaAAAAaaaaahhhhh

Old 10-02-2006, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaSarasota View Post
Shoot RaleighRob is this already posted? How did I miss it? I'm sorry.
Don't be...it was like a month ago.

Quote:
You've seen adults leave it crying? You wouldn't mean yourself? Now THAT one sounds great, how far away is that in drive time?
I found the website for it: originalhollywoodhorrorshow.com
No, I didn't cry...lol...I just had to cover my eyes a few times. (Like I said, these guys are professionals!)
Snow Camp is like an hour west of Raleigh, I believe. Very "in the middle of no where", which is probably perfect for this thing.

Quote:
There really isn't much going on for the Halloween holiday in the Triangle! Over a million people too!
No there are a good bunch, I guess we need to wait and see if more people post stuff. Like we said there are plenty of those jaycee and other community organizations running "haunted houses/fright tours" all over....I passed one being constructed in an abandoned wharehouse this morning. "Raleigh Frightmare" I think it was called.

Last edited by RaleighRob; 10-02-2006 at 07:46 AM..

Old 10-02-2006, 07:43 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
There is a farm in Youngsville (other side of Wake Forest) that has hayrides and a pumpkin patch. They have a few other things there for kids. I think its called Hill Ridge Farm. Vicki

Old 10-09-2006, 11:02 AM

2 posts, read 11,571 times
Raleigh needs more haunted houses!

Old 10-09-2006, 11:27 AM

I think the Raleigh Jaycee's Haunted House is at the corner of Atlantic and Millbrook in North Raleigh this year, in an old grocery store maybe?

The Raleigh "Frightmare" that I saw driving to work is on Capital Blvd in central Raleigh, just below the Atlantic Ave exit, in an old wharehouse.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 9,247 times
Does anyone know of any adult halloween contests in Raleigh?

Old 10-14-2006, 04:59 PM

312 posts, read 1,904,589 times
The best Halloween party for kids is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in DisneyWorld! It's too bad that it's not in Raleigh. We're going there next week for the last time, before we moved out of FL and heads to Clayton, NC in two weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary