Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,295,927 times

Advertisements

I've been here almost 8 years now and have never been inside the NC Museum of Art or NC Museum of Natural Sciences

I would also very much like to have dinner at Poole's Diner!

I think 2013 is the year I pay all three a visit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM

513 posts, read 696,226 times
I'm moving down this weekend, so hopefully as much as I can!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,819,544 times
I just moved here over Thanksgiving, so almost anything I do will be new! Here's to a new year ahead!

Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 AM

181 posts, read 387,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I've been here almost 8 years now and have never been inside the NC Museum of Art or NC Museum of Natural Sciences

I would also very much like to have dinner at Poole's Diner!

I think 2013 is the year I pay all three a visit!

As a person who likely would not have gone to the Museum of NS if it weren't for my children. I have to say you should go there ASAP, no shortage of interesting exhibits and information.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,608,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio108 View Post
As a person who likely would not have gone to the Museum of NS if it weren't for my children. I have to say you should go there ASAP, no shortage of interesting exhibits and information.
I used to take my son there once a month when he was 3. He never got tired of it, and it is free, so neither did I.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,119,343 times
I want to go to Duke Gardens.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,116,132 times
Finally going to Fullsteam Brewery next weekend and checking out the new research center at the Museum of Natural Sciences.
I'm also embarrassed to admit that I have not been in the art museum in at LEAST 10 years, so I would like to visit it again this year and see the changes and upgrades.
There are also several new restaurants in downtown Raleigh I'm interested in trying this year!

Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 PM

276 posts, read 648,872 times
I want to visit the Lemur Center and also Marbles! I think my little dude might be old enough to enjoy those things by the end of 2013!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM

814 posts, read 2,007,799 times
Lately, our family of 5 has been taking weekend and holiday "days off" and having local "staycation" days. If the kids don't have a ball game or something, we would likely spend the day at home doing chores, etc. So we announce we are taking a family day, and off we go. It is GREAT fun. Just a day bumping around like a tourist.

Over Tday, we did a Durham day. Started at the Nasher for the Cone sisters collection (we are big Cone sisters fans and you should be too!), then to Mateo for lunch (yum!!), then the Cupcake shop across the street. Then to Scrap Exchange...I could wander around that place for hours. THen to Morgan Imports for some shopping for things we didn't know we needed.

Last Friday, we did a Chapel Hill day, starting at the Planetarium. The new Longest Night show, which is a collaboration with the amazing Paperhand Puppets, was so so mesmerizing. I loved it, so did my 10-14 year old kids, and the 2 year old next to meet sat on his Mom's lap with his jaw dropped and his eyes wide open. THey then did a winter sky 10m minute talk after, which was great to see. Then we went to the bar at Carolina Inn for lunch, much more casual than the restaurant and just as yummy. Wandered around looking at the 12 days of Xmas exhibits in the lobby after, then walked over to the Ackland to see the exhibit on Japanese art. It was everything from graphic design to film, so very cool. Then walked around the Ackland store/gallery, then wandered down Franklin Street to Sugarland. I know we have one in Raleigh now, but still think the Mothership is the best. Of course, we bought the obligatory UNC NIke shorts after. Then off to Carrboro to a friends for dinner.

My 2013 staycation goal? To get to Saxapahaw! And see music at the Haw River Ballroom. See the Paperhand workshop. See the art gallery, etc. Maybe I can talk hubby into letting that be an overnight?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:11 PM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
NY Pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary