Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2007, 08:10 PM

11 posts, read 38,985 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!! I just moved here to raleigh from Ohio about 9 months, and my wife and I are ready to buy a home. Where we live now is way out of our price (by crabtree mall). we def. like the area and dont want to live to far from it. There is a community called meadows at pagehurst on Page road (off of tw alexander) that has a house that we both like. I havent heard many good things about durham, and the house is considered durham even though its sort of on the border. Im not too sure if we should go there or not?? How is that area? How is the neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 10:34 PM

306 posts, read 1,136,723 times
Hello MarshallMk

I bought a house at the Pagehurst subdivision too. I found that part of Durham to be a real 'hidden gem'. Everyone knows about Woodcroft, Hope Valley Farms and the expensive stuff near Southpoint mall but the Lumley Road/ Page Road area is a lovely area to live. You are so close to Brier Creek too.

I assume you may be buying one of the few new Anderson contructions that remain. I bought my 1632 floor plan in 2003, got a third acre of land backing onto trees. Sadly, I'll be selling it soon as I got wed and moved in with the wife.

The area is very safe, quiet and very metropolitan. I don't know enough about the Durham schools (apart from the usual generalizations) to comment on those.

Being so close to the airport, and Brier Creek I figured that appreciation would be good. Its been merely average. I paid 158500 for it in 2003 and a new Anderson construction on a smaller lot will set you back a little more these days.

PM if you want anymore questions answered.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:13 AM

Default hey

Big M,
thanks for the info! That gives me a little more reassurance than I had before. Its sad that youre leaving though. Are you moving anywhere nearby?? What about the people that live there, how are they? Pretty much friendly people? Young? Kids? And how is the sale on your house going? Are you finding it pretty easy to resale it from right there? And if you dont mind me asking, will you be selling for a loy more than your purchase price?

Old 10-24-2007, 08:09 AM

5 posts, read 33,436 times
Default Meadows at pagehurst info

I live in this area. There's basically two halves to the neighborhood, phase 1 and 2.
Phase 1 is Bombay drive, Suda and Shiva. Phase 2 is the rest of the streets where the houses are. It's a quiet safe neighborhood, but there's a problem with a useless HOA that will not deal with some homeowners repeatedly breaking covenants without penalties. A church is going to be built at corner of Lumley/Page next year.
Some of us homeowners are getting impatient at a worthless HOA but we're committed to make our neighborhood look attractive and to maintain the value of our houses.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 AM

306 posts, read 1,136,723 times
Marshall

Glad to be of help. The other poster is right about the church. We'll lose a few trees but its better to have that than a load of townhomes and competing single families.

Are you moving anywhere nearby??

-Wife lives in North Raleigh, only about 6 miles away.

What about the people that live there, how are they? Pretty much friendly people? Young? Kids?

Yes, pretty friendly and there are a fair few kids around.

And how is the sale on your house going?

To be honest I was a little ahead of myself. I'm currently cleaning it up and will put it on the market within a month or so.

Are you finding it pretty easy to resale it from right there?

I don't think any resale will be easy these days. There's a lot of competition out there. Its one of the best houses in the neighborhood with lots of extras, cul-de-sac and larger plot. I anticipate 6-8 months to sell.

And if you dont mind me asking, will you be selling for a loy more than your purchase price?[/quote]

No! I'll be lucky to get 2-3% appreciation over the past 4 years. Live in your house, don't expect to get rich off it. Massive appreciation (if this is what you are thinking) isn't going to happen. Too much choice around.

M

Old 10-24-2007, 09:29 AM

324 posts, read 1,285,761 times
I rent in that area, right off of Page Rd & TW Alexander. I think the area is fantastic and we are also considered Morrisville right here (though only a couple minutes is considered Durham and the other way Raleigh, so I wouldn't get to hung up on the area you are interested in being called Durham). This area is the convenient to everything and I definitely recommend.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:58 PM

Default phase 1

oldbeagle,
what do you mean by ohase 1 and 2. I will actually be on suda, so is this good, bad, or it doesnt mater?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary