Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2007, 11:29 AM

12 posts, read 63,512 times

Advertisements

So, at a time when conditions are so severe that the governor has called for citizens to cut their personal water use in half and when we have less than 90 days supply in Falls Lake Reservoir, residents of Raleigh are still permitted to water their lawns by hand (with a hose) 2 days a week and PRESSURE WASH 2 days a week. So I'm trying to heed the governor's call by putting bricks in my toilet, showering every other day, capturing water from my shower before it warms up to use in my washing machine, etc. and the leaders of Raleigh city government are still letting folks use a pressure washer (what in the &^%*& needs pressure washed at a time like this?) and water their lawns with a garden hose? I am flabbergasted at the lack of recognition by Raleigh's city leaders that it is time to stop ALL outdoor watering (and, of course, power washing) and for us to focus on minimizing personal use inside the home. Wake up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 11:39 AM

168 posts, read 500,217 times
They can buy water from Cary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary