Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmb View Post
Hasentree isn't close to the Granville County line. The whole subdivision is in Wake County.
As I said, I didn't know. I have no clue how far it goes back from 98. It does catch people unaware that that having a Wake Forest address can mean you actually live in one of three counties.

If that was a possiblity, it needed to be looked into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 08:34 AM

86 posts, read 242,965 times
Hi queen mommy and other members:
My family will relocate to RTP area next spring(2008). I have two young kids. I look at Hasentree web site and find the houses are very nicely built. My questions are:1.How is the new elementry school for hasentree? 2. what kind of buyer's bonus the builders are offering?3. Somebody on this forum recommand that hiring a flat fee buyer's agent will save me a lot. What's your opinion on that?4. Should I wait another half year or so (that will be end of 2008) to jump in the luxury housing market in RTP?
Thank you in advance for your advice
meimei88

Old 11-29-2007, 09:20 AM

354 posts, read 1,217,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimei88 View Post
My family will relocate to RTP area next spring(2008). I have two young kids. I look at Hasentree web site and find the houses are very nicely built. My questions are:1.How is the new elementry school for hasentree? 2. what kind of buyer's bonus the builders are offering?3. Somebody on this forum recommand that hiring a flat fee buyer's agent will save me a lot. What's your opinion on that?4. Should I wait another half year or so (that will be end of 2008) to jump in the luxury housing market in RTP?
meimei88
The buyer's bonus is $30k if you close by year end on an existing house. I doubt if you will see any price discounting on lots or custom built homes in the community. Tho you might get one of the builder's to build one for less $/sq ft now as things are slow for a lot of them. Last year I was quoted about $250/sq ft and it's down to less than $200 now for the same house off plans.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:43 AM

86 posts, read 242,965 times
Hi ch123:
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I read a lot of posts from you on this forum and they help me to understand RTP in a great deal. I never thought of buying a lot and biulding a house. I defintely will explore this option a little bit.
thanks

Old 11-29-2007, 10:45 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimei88 View Post
meimei88
The elementary school for hasentree is north forest pines (one of queen mommy's daughters is in my daughter's class) and I have been quite happy with the school. The administration seems very good, very organized, and I have been pleased with the teachers, the facilities, etc.

Most custom builders (like the ones in hasentree) will give incentives throughout this year, then will bump the prices back up again in february.

Anyhow, I sent you a DM with more information.

Leigh

Old 09-22-2008, 09:09 PM

9 posts, read 20,682 times
Question How diverse is Hasentree?

My partner and I are making a move in early 2009 to the triangle. We are in love with Hasentree. He loves to fish and wants the "quiet life" Hasentree seems to offer. One problem, we are a gay mixed Reform Jewish & Epsicopal couple that will have kids in the next few years. So....how "accepting" do you think the Hasentree folk would be of our family? Are there any Jewish families currently living in the community.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:18 PM

9 posts, read 20,682 times
What is your take on the amazing house on Glennis Court? We are in love with it. We are relocating from New Orleans and love the quiet country feel on Hasentree.What do you know about the builder? Why is the house still on the market? Who is your average Hasentree family? One last question, what is your take on fishing in Hasentree?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
How do the Chapel Hill public schools compare with a privage school such as Ravenscroft?
I don't have children, but I am a graduate of Ravenscroft (many years ago) and get the alumni magazine--it is amazing what they offer now! I took a tour of the school recently and it looks nicer than many small colleges. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who can afford it (and if you're looking for a $2 Million home, I trust you can). But, most people carpool to there, and if you have multiple kids doing many activities, I think you'd really want to live close by, not way up near Wake Forest. North Ridge is RIGHT by Ravenscroft, technically an easy bike-ride away (though I know kids never ride bikes to school anymore, especially not crossing a street like Falls of Neuse). And, you never know--there are some REALLY nice houses on the golf course in North Ridge; you might not have to tear one down to get what you're looking for.

Other good private schools in the area would be Durham Academy and Cary Academy. If you're looking for a "new" neighborhood full of other people moving from elsewhere, Cary is the place.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:58 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
One problem, we are a gay mixed Reform Jewish & Epsicopal couple that will have kids in the next few years. So....how "accepting" do you think the Hasentree folk would be of our family? Are there any Jewish families currently living in the community.
ROFL--I find it hilarious that you mention being a same-sex couple and being Jewish...and then ask if the JEWISH part would be an issue

I've lived in Raleigh virtually my whole life and not known any anti-Semitc incidences, and the newer the development, the more Northerners, i.e. the more people who've grown up around Jews (and gays). I am also in a same-sex couple and have had no friction from that at all.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:02 PM

58 posts, read 360,730 times
Default Hasentree vibe

Overall, I think you'll find Hasentree to be pretty accomodating. I live on Ladowick Lane and the majority of the people are from California. Specifically, I come from the East Bay (San Francisco) and Jews and gay couples are really not much of an anomaly.

I'm sure if you look for it you can find an idiot or two on the club roster, but that hasn't been my experience. You can also probably find folks who are still fighting the Civil War, but again, that hasn't been my experience. I think you'll be okay here. Overall, the mindset is progressive and accepting.

As for the fishing -- bring a basket. They stock the lake, and the fishing is GOOD! They are also adding kayaks and canoes soon.

They recently added bikes that you can check out. We have really enjoyed the nature trails, and there are at least 50% more that are still underway. You can either walk or bike these trails. We have golden eagles that I often see in the creek along our back yard. Plus lots of hawks, herons, egrets.... it's pretty special. My family really enjoys this and it is wonderful to have it in our backyard.

I hope you will DM me if you want additional information!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary