Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:21 AM

19 posts, read 43,876 times

Advertisements

One can drive to the pool which is 2-3 blocks across the street....a part of the HOA for the new subdivision goes towards this pool...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 05:23 AM

The new subdivision is westvale and the pool partner is highcroft, in retrospect, all the roads are crazy busy anyway, atleast that what we observed in the last few weeks!

Old 06-04-2013, 05:59 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneboston View Post
The new subdivision is westvale and the pool partner is highcroft, in retrospect, all the roads are crazy busy anyway, atleast that what we observed in the last few weeks!
If I were a buyer with young kids, I would find that situation very negative for a high-end home.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
If I were a buyer with young kids, I would find that situation very negative for a high-end home.
And, it would not bother me at all. I'd rather be right across the street from a pool than so close to it that there are people constantly passing by my house to get to the pool. I would not, however, endorse walking to the pool by crossing the street.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 AM

What happens if the phase of lots that back up to the grave yard dont sell? the builder brings down the prices eventually so the first group of home buyers in the community get severely impacted, this is our concern.....three things that are not ok in general terms in varied intensities are
1:the community does not have amenities(not a huge issue but a fact for a 570K+home)
2:it is directly in the flight's runway path (again, not so much an issue as all communities around have done well, highcroft being the biggest success) and
3) the cemetery.... rather the lots that back up to it......
also it will take 2 years to fully build out and living amongst big population of building crew and materials, dont know the safety part of it...... but the homes are gorgeous and so this brings us back to the big confusion all over again )

any more perspective is appreciated! thank you folks for your replies!

Old 06-05-2013, 04:27 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Well that's definitely the risk of buying early, that the builder may have to cut prices on newer homes to sell. Ask the people who bought early in Chessington how that worked out. Of course that was right at the time of the housing crash. The other chance is if prices keep going up, once the builder gets momentum they will keep increasing their prices which is a good thing for you. Another big risk is that the builder promises amenities like a pool but they don't build them. No problem for you as you're hooked in with an existing pool.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,155,524 times
Seems to me you could negotiate with the builder to get a lower price on a lot that neighbors the cemetery. Personally I'd love a lot that backs up to the cemetery since that's pretty much a guarantee that you'll never have to worry about development going on behind your house. Be nice to the ghosts and they won't haunt your house

Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneboston View Post
What happens if the phase of lots that back up to the grave yard dont sell? the builder brings down the prices eventually so the first group of home buyers in the community get severely impacted, this is our concern.....three things that are not ok in general terms in varied intensities are
1:the community does not have amenities(not a huge issue but a fact for a 570K+home)
2:it is directly in the flight's runway path (again, not so much an issue as all communities around have done well, highcroft being the biggest success) and
3) the cemetery.... rather the lots that back up to it......
also it will take 2 years to fully build out and living amongst big population of building crew and materials, dont know the safety part of it...... but the homes are gorgeous and so this brings us back to the big confusion all over again )

any more perspective is appreciated! thank you folks for your replies!
This same set of builders held on to lots in my neighborhood (lot values are higher here) through the ENTIRE housing crash and never sold them to another developer (like what happened with Chessington). This development started in 2005 (I believe) and was not completely full until last year. We have just over 40 houses here. Price range is higher than Westvale.

Did home prices go down during the housing slump? Yes. They built less expensive houses in accordance with what the market would bear.

You really would never know it, though, driving through the community. It's not like some houses look dramatically different (or cheaper) than others.

If those lots near the cemetery do not sell, they likely will build lower-priced homes, but in all honesty? The neighborhood is sandwiched between a Lennar development and a Pulte development. I'd rather live in the least expensive Wardson or Amward home in a neighborhood full of custom homes than the most expensive Pulte or Lennar home.

But, that's me.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Well that's definitely the risk of buying early, that the builder may have to cut prices on newer homes to sell. Ask the people who bought early in Chessington how that worked out. Of course that was right at the time of the housing crash. The other chance is if prices keep going up, once the builder gets momentum they will keep increasing their prices which is a good thing for you. Another big risk is that the builder promises amenities like a pool but they don't build them. No problem for you as you're hooked in with an existing pool.
Chessington is in a horrible location, though.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Seems to me you could negotiate with the builder to get a lower price on a lot that neighbors the cemetery. Personally I'd love a lot that backs up to the cemetery since that's pretty much a guarantee that you'll never have to worry about development going on behind your house. Be nice to the ghosts and they won't haunt your house
That's what I'd do. No noisy neighbors. There looks to be a decent-sized buffer between the cemetery and the neighborhood, so plopping down a nice row of Arborvitae ought to fix any issues with resale unless a prospective buyer is just totally paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary