Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 06:26 AM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneboston View Post
Yes it does make sense to put down a deposit for a house at a stage where many changes or options are chosen or the house is being customized to the buyer's taste... this spec home is at a pre-dry wall stage but since its also in a parade of homes, 99% of choices have been made and ordered, the only choice was for the paint and minor things like few lighting options, no structural changes or major design changes were acceptable... hence the question of the deposit...for what?

I think the policy for holding the house for 30-45 days with the mortgage contingency clause is fair on both sides but a 10% deposit on near $600000 home in which almost all major choices are made is rather not so fair.......
"Fair" = doing what one agrees to do, and being within the law and ethics.

While it may not be a "Wise" business decision to put down what feels excessive, "Fair" is not a factor.

If you don't pony up, someone else may well find it wise to proceed, and may not be playing the "Fair" card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 06:52 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneboston View Post
Yes it does make sense to put down a deposit for a house at a stage where many changes or options are chosen or the house is being customized to the buyer's taste... this spec home is at a pre-dry wall stage but since its also in a parade of homes, 99% of choices have been made and ordered, the only choice was for the paint and minor things like few lighting options, no structural changes or major design changes were acceptable... hence the question of the deposit...for what?

I think the policy for holding the house for 30-45 days with the mortgage contingency clause is fair on both sides but a 10% deposit on near $600000 home in which almost all major choices are made is rather not so fair.......
It sounds like those are the conditions under which they are willing to sell the home.

Past experience with Parade homes built by Wardson and/or Amward has shown me that most get snapped up during the Parade if they aren't already sold prior to the Parade.

This is true of most of the other good custom builders around here, and even of the not-so-good.

I guess you could always wait and see if nobody buys it and submit an offer after the house is completed.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:38 PM

5 posts, read 14,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
This same set of builders held on to lots in my neighborhood (lot values are higher here) through the ENTIRE housing crash and never sold them to another developer (like what happened with Chessington). This development started in 2005 (I believe) and was not completely full until last year. We have just over 40 houses here. Price range is higher than Westvale.

Did home prices go down during the housing slump? Yes. They built less expensive houses in accordance with what the market would bear.

You really would never know it, though, driving through the community. It's not like some houses look dramatically different (or cheaper) than others.

If those lots near the cemetery do not sell, they likely will build lower-priced homes, but in all honesty? The neighborhood is sandwiched between a Lennar development and a Pulte development. I'd rather live in the least expensive Wardson or Amward home in a neighborhood full of custom homes than the most expensive Pulte or Lennar home.

But, that's me.

We love the homes in Westvale but have the same concerns:next to a cemetery, no pool. Wondering which neighborhood meh_whatever lives in? Are there more lots available? Also have you heard about the future Bellewood manor neighborhood Amward/Wardson will be building?

Old 10-20-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss123 View Post
We love the homes in Westvale but have the same concerns:next to a cemetery, no pool. Wondering which neighborhood meh_whatever lives in? Are there more lots available? Also have you heard about the future Bellewood manor neighborhood Amward/Wardson will be building?
I think Westvale has pool privileges at Highcroft. Or somewhere. Doublecheck.

My neighborhood is built out. Finished in 2012. No pool, but we don't care. Lower HOA dues. We're gonna put one in the back yard eventually.

Have not heard of Bellewood. Where is it located?

Old 10-20-2013, 09:02 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,237,589 times
Westvale uses the pool at Highcroft Village.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:18 PM

5 posts, read 14,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I think Westvale has pool privileges at Highcroft. Or somewhere. Doublecheck.

My neighborhood is built out. Finished in 2012. No pool, but we don't care. Lower HOA dues. We're gonna put one in the back yard eventually.

Have not heard of Bellewood. Where is it located?
It's going to be on Green level church road. This is listed on Wardson website & the agent at Westvale said that they will start construction at the end of next year or beginning of 2015.

13-A-07 Datasheet

Old 10-20-2013, 09:59 PM

^Well. That may have potential.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
Westvale uses the pool at Highcroft Village.
Correct.
It is included in the $800 annual Westvale HOA dues.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss123 View Post
It's going to be on Green level church road. This is listed on Wardson website & the agent at Westvale said that they will start construction at the end of next year or beginning of 2015.

13-A-07 Datasheet
Made me wonder how and if Green Hope School Road will be completed through to Copperleaf.
Bellwood Manor Subdivision - 13-SB-002
It will bisect the neighborhood.

Where/when is the commercial development to support these new neighborhoods?
Plus MI building on 63 acres adjoining Bellewood Manor.

If people wonder about the cost of housing and small lots, Chase paid $90,827/acre for those 43 acres.
For $3,921,000, they have gained the privilege of developing 75 building lots, with the added costs of infrastructure, open space, etc.
$53,280/raw undeveloped lot.
These look like $150,000 lots at retail.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:04 AM

I wonder about commercial development in West Cary all the time, Mike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary