Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 03:08 PM

404 posts, read 2,616,281 times

Advertisements

i will be living in traylee anad we need a fence for the backyard.
It looks like alot of people have the kind that is wood in the front,and iron or black chain link along the sides and back.Does anyone know some good fence people for the backyard.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 05:07 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,862 times
I used Rome Fence in Raleigh and was happy. The owner does all installations himself (with help from a couple of other guys of course). I've also heard good things about Seagars.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:13 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Seagars did my fence. They usually send out a coupon after you move. I'm sure they have access to public records stating who has just purchased a home. I'm ok with that since they are giving a discount!!!

Vicki

Old 11-04-2007, 06:26 PM

404 posts, read 2,616,281 times
so you were pleased with seagers,would love to hear more about both of your experiences with rome and seager.
What type of fence did you get,what was the cost,etc/
Feel free to send me a private message if you dont want to post it on the forums.
I appreciate all the advice i can get since we just moved here.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:47 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canine7 View Post
so you were pleased with seagers,would love to hear more about both of your experiences with rome and seager.
What type of fence did you get,what was the cost,etc/
Feel free to send me a private message if you dont want to post it on the forums.
I appreciate all the advice i can get since we just moved here.
I sent you a pm, here are some photos. Our land is not completely level throughout, as you can see from one of the photos, and Segars did a nice job installing the fence. The topline flows very nicely with the lay of the land.
I believe it's cedar, but I'd have to look up the paperwork to be sure. Total was a bit under 400', I think. We had an existing fence across the back along the woods (not shown), so we just tied into that.
Attached Thumbnails
best fence company wake forest /raleigh-fence.jpg   best fence company wake forest /raleigh-fence2.jpg   best fence company wake forest /raleigh-backyard2..jpg   best fence company wake forest /raleigh-closeup-inside.jpg  

Old 11-05-2007, 09:02 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,897 times
Call Andy with Built Rite Fence Company out of Rolesville. He built one for us previously and it was gorgeous, like furniture, just gorgeous! Works hard, fast and honest, 556-6669.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:35 PM

89 posts, read 961,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I sent you a pm, here are some photos. Our land is not completely level throughout, as you can see from one of the photos, and Segars did a nice job installing the fence. The topline flows very nicely with the lay of the land.
I believe it's cedar, but I'd have to look up the paperwork to be sure. Total was a bit under 400', I think. We had an existing fence across the back along the woods (not shown), so we just tied into that.

Your yard is massive... lucky dogs!

Old 11-05-2007, 03:38 PM

Thanks jesslikeska: it is great for the dogs! On the flip side, there's the pain of maintenance. Isn't that true with everything in life?

By the way, just because I like Seegars, I don't mean to imply that there are no other companies who can do a good job. We just don't know anybody else.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,741 times
Lightbulb The Backyard Depot

I will give a shout out to the backyard depot. They did my fence and did a great job. They were also the fence company that was selected to do the Extreme Makeover Home Edition House in Raleigh last year. This is one of the reasons why I selected them. Always nice to give back to a company that gave back to the community.

Fences in Raleigh, NC - Providing fences made from aluminum, chain link, wood, and vinyl fence materials in Raleigh, NC, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Apex, Clayton, Wake Forest and surrounding Triangle North Carolina area.

Tell them Matt Babaian sent you...

Old 11-06-2007, 06:44 AM

[quote=fester600;1924097]I will give a shout out to the backyard depot. They did my fence and did a great job. They were also the fence company that was selected to do the Extreme Makeover Home Edition House in Raleigh last year. This is one of the reasons why I selected them. Always nice to give back to a company that gave back to the community.

Fences in Raleigh, NC - Providing fences made from aluminum, chain link, wood, and vinyl fence materials in Raleigh, NC, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Apex, Clayton, Wake Forest and surrounding Triangle North Carolina area.

Tell them Matt Babaian sent you...

Matt, looks nice! I love that style of fence. The only reason we didn't go with that "double" style is that someone who has one said the weeds/grasses are really hard to trim out of the spaces. They recommended we don't go with that type of fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary