Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:29 AM

85 posts, read 186,946 times

Advertisements

26/m here coming up from Atlanta for a week. I have always loved Raleigh, its such a great town with a great crowd - but my tastes have changed since the last time I was here a year ago

I'm looking for the female " me's " in Raleigh to mingle with. Educated, smart, professionally accomplished and successful (meaning you aren't a waitress) and fun to be around.

So where do all these women exist in Raleigh as far as a scene goes. Glenwood Ave used to be good for the early 20's, looking for something a tad more grown up now.

Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 11:40 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,016 times
Interesting .... "professionally accomplished and successful (meaning you aren't a waitress)"

I doubt that you'll pull them out of CD with that line.

I've seen professional crowds at Sullivan's in Raleigh during happy hour on Friday. But, beware, you never know if a waitress is lurking in amongst the pretty people.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,008,146 times
Ha..I guess when I was waiting tables to put myself through grad school I was in the "Uneducated" & "Unsuccessful" category..

Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
Interesting .... "professionally accomplished and successful (meaning you aren't a waitress)"

I doubt that you'll pull them out of CD with that line.

I've seen professional crowds at Sullivan's in Raleigh during happy hour on Friday. But, beware, you never know if a waitress is lurking in amongst the pretty people.
What I'm getting at is I'm not trying to go hang out at a bar that is throwing industry night or something. And as a whole I find birds of a feather flock together and go to the same kinds places.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:48 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,421,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetter2 View Post
I'm looking for the female " me's " in Raleigh to mingle with. Educated, smart, professionally accomplished and successful (meaning you aren't a waitress) and fun to be around.
Suggestions?
You sound a bit arrogant. My daughter-in-law worked as waitress throughout law school. My son met her at the restaurant where she worked in D.C. Funny, she graduated from Georgetown Law and is currently a litigator for a prestigious Manhattan law firm, on a partner track, making mid-6 figures.

So glad my son didn't have your attitude - he would have missed this gorgeous and brilliant woman.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:48 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,281,123 times
I love these threads. I'm 26 and "mature". Now let me make some immature comments.

I imagine most "accomplished" and "successful" women would see right through this. Watch out! We got a real lady killer on our hands lol!

Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 AM

Jesus Christ People this isn't the big thing you guys are making it.

I don't want to hang out in a bar with a bunch of med or law students. There is nothing wrong with BEING a student I just prefer to drink and hang out with young professionals.

It doesn't make me an ass or mean, I'm simply asking where I can find a Mid twenties crowd of professionals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
You sound a bit arrogant. My daughter-in-law worked as waitress throughout law school. My son met her at the restaurant where she worked in D.C. Funny, she graduated from Georgetown Law and is currently a litigator for a prestigious Manhattan law firm, on a partner track, making mid-6 figures.

So glad my son didn't have your attitude - he would have missed this gorgeous and brilliant woman.
I'd be glad to meet her. I'm an Electrical Engineer who is a published author also making mid 6 figures, but living in the south it goes much further. I got $10 she isn't hanging out in bars or areas with a bunch of other people that are full time students or at industry nights either.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:56 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,162,314 times
probably at home like in any other city

Old 07-24-2013, 12:07 PM

41 posts, read 80,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetter2 View Post
Jesus Christ People this isn't the big thing you guys are making it.

I don't want to hang out in a bar with a bunch of med or law students. There is nothing wrong with BEING a student I just prefer to drink and hang out with young professionals.

It doesn't make me an ass or mean, I'm simply asking where I can find a Mid twenties crowd of professionals.

I'd be glad to meet her. I'm an Electrical Engineer who is a published author also making mid 6 figures, but living in the south it goes much further. I got $10 she isn't hanging out in bars or areas with a bunch of other people that are full time students or at industry nights either.
You make mid 6 figures and all you're willing to bet is $10?

What is this, amateur hour?!

Old 07-24-2013, 12:08 PM

843 posts, read 2,100,372 times
Try the bars "Arrogant-Land", 'Imbetterthanyouloser" or maybe "Classless" I think they are near the south side....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary