Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 06:53 PM

25 posts, read 51,580 times

Advertisements

We are a young family and will be relocating to E Raleigh, Knightdale is on the possibility list. I have read many other forums on here. I got the chance to drive around a bit the other day around bus 64, my question is: how is Knightdale laid out? As in is the North side more family oriented, south side more rural. Because in the small area I drove around it seemed very "patchy" just as it seems to be here in Greenville. So are all the families/nice neighborhoods in one area or are subdivisions just plopped around in no particular order? I know this may be confusing, but I hope someone understands and give me a bit more insight.

Also any Moms...How active are the parks? Do you take your kids to the parks a lot? We just moved from Austin, TX where there were always kids at the parks, which was great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 09:43 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,305,751 times
Are you looking for something bigger than Greenville?

Old 10-29-2013, 09:47 PM

19 posts, read 40,483 times
What areas did you drive thru in Knightdale? There are nice subdivisions off Hodge road and the area across the shopping mall. There are also some behind the Library. Not sure about parks - but the library is very good and has several events for kids especially around the holiday season.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 AM

25 posts, read 51,580 times
meh....I don't need something bigger than Greenville, because Raleigh is right next door. It seems to me that Knightdale flowed right into Raleigh, a smaller feeling with the city right next door.

NC Forester...I drove around Edenburgh's Keep and one just north of there.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:56 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,305,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy3 View Post
meh....I don't need something bigger than Greenville, because Raleigh is right next door. It seems to me that Knightdale flowed right into Raleigh, a smaller feeling with the city right next door.

NC Forester...I drove around Edenburgh's Keep and one just north of there.
The only negative to Knightdale (if small towns appeal to you) is its distance from most of the key areas of the Triangle (RTP, airport, etc).

Old 10-30-2013, 11:16 AM

600 posts, read 1,221,991 times
I used to live in a very nice neighborhood in Knightdale. It was smaller homes but the people were so friendly and everyone waved and kids played, etc. It was called Parkside. Not sure how it is now, that was 10 years ago. I really liked living in Knightdale and the commute into RTP did not bother me once they opened the bypass. I moved to a bigger house but now I am just about 2 miles from Knightdale.
As for parks, I have not been to the brand new park in Knightdale but it looks really nice. Anderson Point Park is behind my house and a fun place. We loved going to all the parks around and always have a good time.

Good luck!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,370 times
We just moved here to Knightdale from Angier (before that the Boston area). We're in the area known as Ashley Hills - off Sandy Run which is off Smithfield Rd - away from the main drag where all the businesses are. This is a nice area - some rentals but mostly owned small homes. We walk the dogs a lot and people seem friendly. There is a new park they put in downtown which has an enclosed dog park and a big area for kids to play on equipment as well as walking trails. There is another park over by the library, which is more like a small walk in the woods.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:03 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,879,413 times
i live in Knightdale and will try to post a complete reply tonight. Feel free to DM me if you want to know about specific neighborhoods or anything else - happy to help! this is a great time to buy in knightdale, the area is on the verge of growth....

Old 11-07-2013, 08:26 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,879,413 times
To answer your question about how Knightdale is laid out. It is somewhat patchy as you noticed. there is still quite a bit of open land here including some small working farms. Some of these parcels of land were sold for new subdivisions - hence the spread out nature. However you will find many neighborhoods close to Knightdale blvd such as those on Hodge Rd - Princeton and Cheswick, and Planter's Walk across from Best Buy. I believe you also saw Edenburgh's Keep off N. Smithfield Rd, this is joined on to Magnolia Place with its entrance on Forestville Rd.. Down N. Smithfield there is the Village of Beaver Dam. If you want acreage, then Savannah Oaks off Buffaloe Rd fits the bill for prices in the $300k's. There is an older section of town, around First Avenue and close to the new park where they will build an amphitheater and 700 some home community. This park is new and seems to be well used on weekends.

The other park nearby is Anderson Point that another poster mentioned. In the summer there are plenty of kids/families out there. In Raleigh there is Shelley Lake which is always very busy in the summer. I hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary