Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 05:00 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,150 times

Advertisements

Looking for first hand thoughts/opinions/experiences with ForeverHome. I've searched the threads but couldn't gather a lot of specifics. They are a tract builder that fits within our desired budget and are in several neighborhoods we are considering. Most interested in quality of construction, timeliness of build and communication. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 09:11 AM

17 posts, read 34,761 times
We purchased a ForeverHome in September in Durham. We had a quick relo and were looking for a finished or almost finished home in August. The floorplan we selected fits our lifestyle very well, and there seems to be a good use of space (except for storage). We like our development and any problems we have had have, so far, have been promptly resolved. Right now, 4 months in, I would say we would probably buy from them again. Feel free to pm me if you have specific questions.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:51 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,150 times
wsjthree - Thanks for the post. We've noticed that the FH floorplans seem to maximize space. It's good to hear you are happy with your purchae. That's exactly the sort of recommendations I was seeking. We are going out to speak with FH and look around again this weekend.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:06 PM

152 posts, read 366,832 times
Go look at the siding jobs done on their newly delivered houses. Not good at all!

Old 01-25-2014, 07:18 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,202 times
Sorry to report this, but the construction quality of the first batch of homes in Toscana at $400K and up was pretty deplorable. Some of the worst drywall finishing I have ever seen at any pricepoint from any builder.
I don't know if this has been remedied, but if you are asking the question you are going to get my answer based on what I saw.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:33 AM

208 posts, read 415,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
Sorry to report this, but the construction quality of the first batch of homes in Toscana at $400K and up was pretty deplorable. Some of the worst drywall finishing I have ever seen at any pricepoint from any builder.
I don't know if this has been remedied, but if you are asking the question you are going to get my answer based on what I saw.
Seems like a pretty easy fix, you inspect the walls on your pre-closing walk-through. They fix it or you don't close on the house.

Worked for me.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:47 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradt03 View Post
Seems like a pretty easy fix, you inspect the walls on your pre-closing walk-through. They fix it or you don't close on the house.

Worked for me.
Quality proactively achieved by the builder without duress from the buyer typically is the hallmark of a capable builder that is involved in the construction process.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:36 AM

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times
We are renting a 1 year old ForeverHome in Durham, and know the owner very well. It is the Nichols floor plan. The use of space is fantastic, and every inch is used efficiently.

On my observations, the trim work and painting looks "rushed." some of it looks so rushed that I'm surprised it even passed their first inspection before closing. ForeverHome however has tried to fix almost everything, and things look pretty good. But of course, what are you going to do for a large trim piece on the staircase with so many bumps and scratches, tear down the entire thing?

One thing that hasnt been fixed is very creaky and loose floorboards in 2 spots on the 2nd floor. They have pulled up the carpet twice near these boards and jammed small wood pieces to stop the movement, but the noise comes back in like a week. If you walk in these rooms, the house sounds like a 20-30 year old home with all the creaking. The homeowner is still trying to get this fixed for good, but don't know how it can be done without extensive work?

Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,942,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradt03 View Post
Just a few easy steps to reschedule your closing, get new closing paperwork sent and reviewed, reschedule your movers and utility changes, make sure you've got a place to live still while the repairs are being done ...

Old 02-01-2014, 07:27 PM

261 posts, read 1,217,100 times
Default We own a ForeverHome

We closed on our ForeverHome at the end of September. This is the 4th house in the $400K- $500K my husband and I have had built since 2003. Two were built by custom builders, two by production builders (Drees and ForeverHome). Our ForeverHome is absolutely gorgeous, well built, and well finished. Is it 100 percent flawless? No, but neither were my two homes built by the custom builders. The floor plan is called "The Currituck" which is now offered in The Hamptons. My husband and I are very happy with our new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary