Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:10 PM

226 posts, read 507,046 times

Advertisements

Thanks to Poppydog for the links, and And thanks to all with sincere, nonjudgmental replies. I hadn't considered Craigslist, which is a site I seldom use. It sounds like a good option in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 PM

789 posts, read 1,992,467 times
We have someone that comes to our home and does the laundry (wash, dry, fold). We pay $15 a load, which is actually on the cheap end of the quotes that we got.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:21 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
While I don't know of anyone that takes it in, many laundromats offer the service. Medlin-Davis, the laundromat by High Point Bar and Grill off of Whitaker Mill Road, and the laundromat at spring mill and Capital Boulevard all do it.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:32 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainLineMommy View Post
We have someone that comes to our home and does the laundry (wash, dry, fold). We pay $15 a load, which is actually on the cheap end of the quotes that we got.
At least if they are coming into your home, you are taking the responsibility for water/power and liability.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:00 AM

794 posts, read 1,325,876 times
I would check with cleaning services - maybe smaller local companies, not chains.

I know a friend has a cleaning lady that comes in every two weeks, and will do any laundry she leaves out.

Maybe some would be willing to come to your house just to do the laundry.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:06 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
At least if they are coming into your home, you are taking the responsibility for water/power and liability.
Don't you think that if someone were to do this at their house they would build in to the price they charge per load the cost of water and power?

Last edited by Sal_M; 03-04-2014 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-05-2014, 08:01 PM

226 posts, read 507,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
While I don't know of anyone that takes it in, many laundromats offer the service. Medlin-Davis, the laundromat by High Point Bar and Grill off of Whitaker Mill Road, and the laundromat at spring mill and Capital Boulevard all do it.
I actually tried Medlin-Davis and wasn't the most pleased with their service. I had far too many shirts come back missing a button or having been pressed to the point of making the buttons so brittle they just crumbled off. Other places I've used elsewhere actually looked for missing buttons and replaced them. Perhaps I expect too much, but with their prices for simple laundering, I don't think it's unreasonable.

I'll investigate the other places, though. Thanks for the information.

The brittle button thing is one of the reasons I favor an individual over a larger business. The individual is usually more conscientious and pays more attention. The businesses (some, not all) are often hurried, harried, and not focusing on quality.

Mind you my clothes are pretty basic and I don't own anything particularly expensive. Just your average guy's wardrobe. I don't get all bent out of joint over an occasional button or bad pressing job, but when it becomes overly frequent and virtually routine, I'd rather deal with an individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary