Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 08:23 PM

354 posts, read 627,683 times

Advertisements

Ok so i keep seeing alot of these threads about how Raleigh does not have no type of nightlife. As for me I wanna know how is that so. Because i heard that there are a few clubs & bars up that way that be jumping. As a matter of fact can anybody name a few clubs up that way & tell me what type of clubs are there????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 08:52 AM

637 posts, read 1,058,408 times
If you go to carolinanightlife.com and click on Raleigh you can see photos from various clubs and bars find out more info on them. No city in the Carolinas is going to be anything close to Miami or LA when it comes to nightlife, but it's far from the truth to say there is no nightlife at all.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:31 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Actually I'm surprised that there aren't all sorts of opinions being offered here by people who live in the burbs and have absolutely no idea about what's going on DT on weekends. While I don't know all the clubs, I can tell you that there are lots of places to go out on the weekends that range from clubs, lounges, live music venues, dance clubs, etc.
Like in many cities, the large dance club scene is giving way to more intimate venues with different vibes. Some of my favorites are Neptune (underground bar/club with some dancing but not a dance club per se), Kings (The live music venue that's upstairs from Neptune), Clockwork (cool hang out bar that's actually a restaurant but people go there more to drink than to eat), Raleigh Times Bar (another bar/restaurant that's as much about the outside as it is the inside), Berkeley Cafe (drinks, food, live music), Lincoln Theater (live music), The Architect (craft beers and cocktails), etc.....
There are many, many venues in the various DT districts that are connected by a free circulator bus. So, you can bar hop around the city without having to drink and drive.
Here's a link to venues with the RLine bus route. Explore Here :: Nightlife :: Downtown Raleigh

Old 04-26-2014, 10:12 PM

354 posts, read 627,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcstef View Post
If you go to carolinanightlife.com and click on Raleigh you can see photos from various clubs and bars find out more info on them. No city in the Carolinas is going to be anything close to Miami or LA when it comes to nightlife, but it's far from the truth to say there is no nightlife at all.
My point exactly its all in what you like to do for nig
htlife fun right??? No matter where you go u have to make it fun

Old 04-28-2014, 05:57 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,435,560 times
There is plenty of nightlife, between Glenwood South and Downtown Raleigh, if you can't find a good time, its likely your own fault. They have everything from clubs to smaller pubs, and while it doesn't compare to Chicago, you will find good people out having a good time. This weekend DT had a beer and food truck festival, with live music a few places. Just one example.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:48 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Actually I'm surprised that there aren't all sorts of opinions being offered here by people who live in the burbs and have absolutely no idea about what's going on DT on weekends....
Why would you expect people without a meaningful contribution to weigh in? I mean, I've indulged a time or two (or thirty) since living here, mostly small concert venues (e.g. Lincoln Theater) and pubs (e.g. Napper Tandy, Hibernian, etc.) but don't feel qualified to offer an opinion.

I think of nightlife as being something for the youngen's, not us middle-aged folk.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:27 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Why would you expect people without a meaningful contribution to weigh in? I mean, I've indulged a time or two (or thirty) since living here, mostly small concert venues (e.g. Lincoln Theater) and pubs (e.g. Napper Tandy, Hibernian, etc.) but don't feel qualified to offer an opinion.

I think of nightlife as being something for the youngen's, not us middle-aged folk.
Because it has happened often here and is often negative without basis. The same would be true for people who either used to live in the Triangle ten years ago or those who have passed through on business in the suburbs (usually RTP) only.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:32 AM

246 posts, read 627,295 times
I'm amazed at Fayetteville St after midnight nowadays. Crowds used to be isolated to Raleigh Times, but now its sprawled across the whole Fayetteville district. Same goes with Glenwood South.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:17 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,310,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Because it has happened often here and is often negative without basis. The same would be true for people who either used to live in the Triangle ten years ago or those who have passed through on business in the suburbs (usually RTP) only.
Or people who live in South Beach and are more than twice college age?

Old 04-29-2014, 07:27 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,939,394 times
Raleigh's bars have cool names..... as Miami Beach/ Downtown Raleigh mentioned above.

Don't forget the gay clubs in downtown Raleigh. Very special places given NC's small-town roots and associated mentalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary