Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 11:46 AM

72 posts, read 410,939 times

Advertisements

We have photo cameras on almost every corner in Knightdale.
We have received 1 bill for running a yellow/red light. We paid it, still we kept getting "notice to pay". When I called the number in Arizona I was told we had 2 other notices we hadn't paid. We only RECEIVED 1 notice. They send these things out without making you sign for them and then if you don't pay (maybe you didn't get it), then the price doubles and you have passed the "respond by date" and can no longer contest the violation or the amount.

What the heck is going on !!!
I don't mind getting a notice of failure to pay if I actually received the first one, but give me a break. As I read the front of the letter they didn't even have our full address, maybe that's why we didn't get them but they don't care about that.

I found an interesting web site addressing this issue. I found it worth reading even though it's to late for me, maybe it can help someone else.

http://www.adrenalinelimit.com/Artic...oto_Radar.html

Anybody else had this problem ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 04:54 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,449,611 times
I've got an idea! Let's all stop at yellow/red lights.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
Fighting it will probably cost you more money than the ticket.
Depending on how Knightdale funnels the funds from this program
they could be violating a state supreme court ruling

Article IX, Section 7 of the North Carolina Constitution provides that "the clear proceeds of all penalties and forfeitures and of all fines collected in the several counties for any breach of the penal laws of the state, shall belong to and remain in the several counties, and shall be faithfully appropriated and used exclusively for maintaining free public schools."

Old 12-18-2007, 05:23 PM

770 posts, read 2,754,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gubben1 View Post
We have photo cameras on almost every corner in Knightdale.
We have received 1 bill for running a yellow/red light. We paid it, still we kept getting "notice to pay". When I called the number in Arizona I was told we had 2 other notices we hadn't paid. We only RECEIVED 1 notice. They send these things out without making you sign for them and then if you don't pay (maybe you didn't get it), then the price doubles and you have passed the "respond by date" and can no longer contest the violation or the amount.

What the heck is going on !!!
I don't mind getting a notice of failure to pay if I actually received the first one, but give me a break. As I read the front of the letter they didn't even have our full address, maybe that's why we didn't get them but they don't care about that.

I found an interesting web site addressing this issue. I found it worth reading even though it's to late for me, maybe it can help someone else.

http://www.adrenalinelimit.com/Artic...oto_Radar.html

Anybody else had this problem ?
WEll yellow lights shouldn't get you a ticket . the cameras are calibrated to to take a picture of the alleged offending vehicle a certain number of seconds after the light has changed to red.
If you went through the light on red you have committed an absolute offense, if you didn't then you can just contest it as with any other offense - the company will need to show that their equipment was working properly and accurately and should be able to prove when it was last calibrated or tested . If they can't do that then they don't prove the offense and you should be found 'not guilty'
Inasmuch as the non payment is concerned I would have thought that it was incumbent upon the company to prove that the notice was delivered to the drivers last known address. If they can't prove that , then they can't prove you were served
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary