Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 06:21 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,478,108 times

Advertisements

Just in case anyone was confused. Lol! I love the new roundabouts in Cary because they really keep traffic moving...except when there is a car in front of me. Because apparently everyone thinks you are supposed to stop and wait for the car on the other side of the circle to drive around before entering the circle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 06:44 PM

792 posts, read 4,489,020 times
That's what your horn is for. Lay on it.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:36 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,237,589 times
Haha! Also use your turn signals in the roundabout, if you can figure out how!

Old 10-08-2014, 07:45 PM

149 posts, read 284,104 times
When there are more of them, and folk get the turn signal strategy taught to them it'll improve hopefully.
on approach indicate right if taking first exit, do not indicate on approach if travelling straight on, indicate left if taking a left turn from your entry. Then indicate right to leave the roundabout when level with the exit before the one you're taking, not too tricky, but man! I'm feeling you! I used to live near a five lane monstrosity of a roundabout, that was fun to learn how to navigate! So the chaos these little ones cause is amazing at times.

In the meantime deep breathing, and use that horn

Old 10-08-2014, 08:01 PM

683 posts, read 1,885,051 times
If you are talking about W. Chatham, it is not surprising since the circle is so small and the cars can come around so quickly if they don't exit before where you are entering.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:18 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,872,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemi808 View Post
If you are talking about W. Chatham, it is not surprising since the circle is so small and the cars can come around so quickly if they don't exit before where you are entering.
I haven't seen that roundabout but was thinking the same. The ones I've been on here are way too small to hop in like you can in Europe. I can see people not used to them would stop or hesitate.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:45 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,181,701 times
I am honestly surprised there are not more accidents at these roundabouts. Whatever you are complaining about, it might be ME who is involved; I was at the Chatham roundabout today.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:45 PM

455 posts, read 919,212 times
I go through the one at Old Apex/Chatham twice a day, and almost every day I get stuck behind someone that stops before entering. No cars coming, they just stop. I've been stuck behind someone that stopped and waited for a car to enter on our right/ahead of us before entering. I mean WTF!

Old 10-08-2014, 10:39 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,774,315 times
I'd rather have the person in front of me being cautious entering the circle than have a car pull out in front of me when I'm in the circle. I've seen a much bigger issue issue with people flying around the roundabout and not being cautious

Old 10-09-2014, 03:29 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
Just in case anyone was confused. Lol! I love the new roundabouts in Cary because they really keep traffic moving...except when there is a car in front of me. Because apparently everyone thinks you are supposed to stop and wait for the car on the other side of the circle to drive around before entering the circle.
In New England, we call them "rotaries" and they are abundant. My husband are I are really get irritated by so many people who come to complete stops, wait and let everyone else proceed rather than yielding like the signs say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary