Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 01:31 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times

Advertisements

I'm in Raleigh and I've noticed more static than usual on classical station WCPE. Usually it comes in loud and clear but the last week or so I've been noticing static. I don't know if it's my car or if they are having a problem with their transmitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 05:35 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,589,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I'm in Raleigh and I've noticed more static than usual on classical station WCPE. Usually it comes in loud and clear but the last week or so I've been noticing static. I don't know if it's my car or if they are having a problem with their transmitter.
Normal reception in my car. If your radio is faulty you might expect static on many stations.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:51 PM

1,701 posts, read 2,589,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Normal reception with a miniature radio I use while riding the bicycle. If your radio is faulty you might expect static on many stations.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:30 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,181,381 times
I get a *LOT* of interference from my phone charger. Like there are certain stations I cannot hear at all when it's plugged in; I can hear them fine when it's unplugged. I have no idea why.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
I get a *LOT* of interference from my phone charger. Like there are certain stations I cannot hear at all when it's plugged in; I can hear them fine when it's unplugged. I have no idea why.
I thought it was a cassette bluetooth device I just bought, but I took it out and I still get static. It's only on this station too. I've tried other stations and they sound fine. Oh well.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:26 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Is that the one out of Chapel Hill? My DD listens to it when she goes to bed, have not noticed any issues.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Is that the one out of Chapel Hill? My DD listens to it when she goes to bed, have not noticed any issues.
I believe they are out of Wake Forest, but not sure where the transmitter is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary