Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 05:48 AM

88 posts, read 221,296 times

Advertisements

Sorry to threadjack, but saw the mentions about Bradford. What else besides Wendy's is going in there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 07:01 AM

386 posts, read 436,798 times
I think I saw a sign for a Brixx Pizza in there

Old 12-31-2014, 07:03 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
There's been a few threads about Bradford. Here's a pretty recent one.

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...light=Bradford

Waverly probably seems more empty than 78% because I am sure they are listing the theater as leased space, but it is not open yet. Even then that leaves 1 of 5 square feet vacant. But it is worlds better than a few years ago for sure. Some good stores there.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:30 AM

725 posts, read 1,501,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingonamtntop View Post
The layout & parking are terrible, it's just not conducive to parking your car once and walking to all the shops.
I disagree about parking, I like the central feel of all the stores. I tend to park in the lot in front of WholeFoods and walk through by Triangle Wine. But even better parking is over by the burrito place, and walk in that way. I think you can park anywhere at Waverly and only a 5 minute walk from the farthest store (excluding the outlying stores which are primarily restaurants).

Old 12-31-2014, 10:56 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingonamtntop View Post
The layout & parking are terrible, it's just not conducive to parking your car once and walking to all the shops.
The parking isn't that bad. We really need to get over this expectation of having to park right in front of retail every where we go. The shopping center really isn't that big and a short 5 minute walk isn't terrible for your health.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:17 AM

369 posts, read 460,243 times
I'm not sure why you think I want to drive from store to store and find a parking spot in front of each business I frequent. Read my post again. I want to be able to park once and WALK
from store to store. But being so spread out and having two levels makes this more difficult especially with two young children in tow (ie impossible to get a stroller up and down those stairs). Forget it with an armful of groceries or shopping bags.

North Hills, for example, is much easier to walk around once you park your car. If you can find a spot that is

Old 12-31-2014, 01:13 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
I also agree the parking and layout are awful and the stores that are there are just not useful to average shoppers/families. Stuff is all spread out upstairs/stairs/around the back/on the side/can't see it. it's just weird and the layout is inconvenient to me.

Last edited by RedZin; 01-03-2015 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: If you have moderation questions, send me a DM.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:32 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I also agree the parking and layout are awful and the stores that are there are just not useful to average shoppers/families. Stuff is all spread out upstairs/stairs/around the back/on the side/can't see it. it's just weird and the layout is inconvenient to me.
I agree on all points. I go to get one or two specialty items at Whole Foods and that is it, because they are too expensive. My kids get a kick out of the frozen yogurt place, I hate b/c it is 8 bucks for watery yogurt with candy on it! I have not been to the restaurants or stores like whisk but they strike me as upscale or pricey.

I like the splash pad in the summer but I think combining it with the playground they have is a terrible idea. I know someone whose child fell and broke a bone (wet children and climbing structures are a bad combo), I wonder if they have been sued??

The fountains are nice but I can see where the layout is not practical with a stroller.

Last edited by RedZin; 01-03-2015 at 11:24 AM..

Old 01-03-2015, 08:49 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,831,844 times
To me, other than Whole Foods, Waverly Place is the spot to go in Cary for an evening date when it's nice outside. Or even bring the kids along. Sadly there just aren't many such places in Cary. The parking/layout is a bit odd but the landscaping is great.

Wilmington has the riverfront, Asheville has Pack Square and Pritchard Park. Not much in the Triangle. We're hoping that there will be some restaurants that open up around the new downtown park in Cary they are planning. That would provide another option.

Glenwood South seems to cater to the young singles crowd. Fayetteville Street is okay but the activity is limited late at night. Moore Square has loads of potential but always seems a bit sketchy to me after dark. Maybe the overhaul in the works will help.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:43 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,902,638 times
Waverly Place seems to be coming along quite nicely. I like they way things are going. A tad, just a tad quirky for ol' cookie cutter Cary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
Glenwood South seems to cater to the young singles crowd. Fayetteville Street is okay but the activity is limited late at night. Moore Square has loads of potential but always seems a bit sketchy to me after dark. Maybe the overhaul in the works will help.
Gotta get out more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary