Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 06:32 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,737,503 times

Advertisements

Is the warehouse district downtown Raleigh a safe area at night on weekends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 06:51 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,029,341 times
Yes, most anywhere is safe in the core of downtown. The unsafe parts are on the edge of it. The parts with restaurants and bars are heavily used and patrolled. The unsafe areas don't have anything you would be going to,no retail or dining establishments.
Now there are some ppl that believe all of downtown is sketchy and unsafe.They are not a majority and probably haven't been down there in years. In the past ,before it's recent revitalization it was sketchy because there wasn't anything hardly there open at night. This is no longer the case. As long as you are aware and not wandering off by yourself,you should be fine. This also applies to a living situation. The OP didn't say what for.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:02 AM

We are considering having an event Sat. night at the CAM located West and martin streets. It is across from the nightclub Bodi.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:19 AM

Everything about CAM is fine. I do understand your concern about Club Bodi. However I did a little investigating and they are currently closed down for "renovation" for awhile. There has been problems at that club but only involving their staff and patrons. There are no reports of patrons of Bodi causing problems with people at the museum or vice versa.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:27 AM

Thank you it is a wedding reception and I want everything to be nice for the guests. Hopefully Club Bodi will stay closed a little longer we are looking at the end of Feb for the event. We had originally planned to have the reception at Cobblestone Hall, the wedding is at All Saints Chapel. After going under contract with Cobblestone almost a year before the wedding we found out they are closing middle of Jan. so we are scrambling for another place to host the reception. CAM is a beautiful space.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:37 AM

Is cobblestone hall the place at city market? That's almost as bad as the bridal shop that closed with people's dresses on order. I hope they refunded your deposit. Even with that they put you in a bind. I think the club might still be closed then . I found they were closed by the answering machine. Says they are doing some auditions in Jan but I didn't listen to the whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't open back up till spring. Fingers crossed.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:04 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,724,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin5 View Post
We had originally planned to have the reception at Cobblestone Hall, the wedding is at All Saints Chapel.
Ahh! I went to a wedding at All Saints Chapel and it was quite a wonderful location. Congrats on getting hitched there.

The reception after the wedding there was at The Stockroom on an upper floor off Fayetteville Street. It was a pretty cool kinda lofty/urban atmosphere. That might be something to also check into if your party isn't too large. I think there's a constraint of around 185 people if you're doing a sit down dinner, but upwards of 275 if it's just cocktails/hor d'oeuvres.

Recently I believe The Grand Ballroom in the Capital Club Building also came online for events. It's on their 12th floor and might be worth a look.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:18 AM

I'm glad to hear that All Saints was nice. Thanks for the congrats this is actually my daughter's wedding I've been married 31 years. Things are certainly more expensive than 31 years ago! Our guest list is 225 so Stockroom is too small unfortunately. I did inquire about the Grand Ballroom but it is not available on that date. We are under contract with Irregardless as the caterer so are limited to locations that will let us use them. We plan to have lots of out of town guests they are staying at the Sheraton and I would have liked to have the reception there, it is so convenient for the older people but we had to use their in house caterer.
Yes I did get my deposit back but it has created a lot of stress so close to the wedding.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:33 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
the CAM will be great

Old 12-28-2014, 09:05 PM

360 posts, read 995,423 times
So why is cobblestone closing? With the amount they charge I can't imagine they are hurting for money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary