Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:42 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,742,203 times

Advertisements

Original poster:
"From those who have responded, what suggestions for communites would you give as an alternative. I'm looking mostly between glenwood and capital, for a townhouse - 2 story, below 125k."

Sheesh. Did you read this thread? I suggested c-o-m-m-u-n-i-t-i-e-s.
There is no way Glenwood and Capital can be an area to look "between" since they do not run parallel.

Check out a map, and do some research online. It's best to inform oneself as much as possible before purchasing property.

Good luck.
toodie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 07:43 PM

8 posts, read 29,259 times
Default Additional info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel7777 View Post
I have to agree with the previous post. I have a friend who has lived in Bent Creek for the past 3 1/2 years. In the past year several of the townhomes have been broken into. She purchased an alarm system so that she would feel safer at night. Bent Creek as a whole is a nice-looking community and the people there are very nice, but there are some places around it that seem to contain some "shady elements." It's a shame because I think the townhomes would appreciate if those shadier areas around it were to improve.

I don't know anything about different neighborhoods in Raleigh. I'm trying to find the least expensive cheapest area in North or north west raleigh. I was looking at Bent creek but then read your posts. Can you be more specific with which areas are 'shady' please? Does that also include the Midland Townes community ie. Sandra lane? Any help would be really appreciated. I would hate to make a big mistake. Thanks so much I was also considering Londonderry just off of Millbrook.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:32 PM

317 posts, read 1,513,955 times
Sorry to bump up an old thread.. but I was wondering if this area is still considering unsafe due to crime and surrounding apartment complexes? Can anyone give me insight on this? Thanks in advance. I was thinking of purchasing a townhome heere and I'm trying to find out all the information I can before putting in an offer this week.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:26 PM

230 posts, read 255,750 times
Do not move there or to Midland townhouses/ Sandra ln. When my husband and I were looking in your price range for townhouses, I really liked the ones off creedmoor rd, the cottages of Stonehenge. I didn't like the HOA fees, but the community is much better than the ones you're considering. Good luck with your search!

Old 04-13-2014, 07:53 AM

317 posts, read 1,513,955 times
Why do you say no to Bent Creek? I'm a little confused because my realtor suggested this property to me. She said she had lived there before and it's a great community and safe. She steered me away from a previous community I was looking at because it was unsafe and it was not a good place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary