Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:02 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,938,350 times

Advertisements

To tailgate onto this thread: what about a 3 BR ranch home, either new or recent construction? Not interested in a 55+ like Del Webb. Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 08:24 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohzrd View Post
To tailgate onto this thread: what about a 3 BR ranch home, either new or recent construction? Not interested in a 55+ like Del Webb. Suggestions?
Meritage seems to build them. I noticed a ranch plan in one of their infill neighborhoods. If tract is ok, you might try them.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:39 AM

86 posts, read 153,604 times
Quote:
As far as new homes, most of the new developments around Fuquay and Willow Springs seem to have offered at least one ranch model.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:41 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,237,860 times
Quote:
Here is one. Built by Ryan Homes in Lionsgate, Clayton. This is the one that had we ask question about Ryan Homes.
New Pisa Torre Home Model for sale at Lionsgate in Clayton, NC

Old 04-13-2015, 11:02 AM

143 posts, read 201,553 times
I have friends in Salem Village and they are very happy with their new houses, it's shaping up to be a great neighborhood.

Have only heard great things about Bella Cassa.

Are you looking for a specific school assignment (those are both assigned to the new high school, apex friendship, is why I ask)

I really like SV, but unless they put in some smaller homes we aren't looking there, only one kiddo left at home and just don't need that space. Kiddo wants to go to Friendship HS, so we are looking in that neck of the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOING2RNC View Post
Hi All-

Any thoughts on New construction subdivisions under 550K?

I have seen 12 oaks, brighton forest, bella cassa.. Love the style of homes.

Must have sidewalks and curbs. Its been some time since I have been in the area so I am wondering if there is anything new in my price range.

Also- what are the top builders in the area? Saw a robuck homes and a royal oaks home and liked both. Saw a ryan home and a lenar home and that was NOT was I am interested in.

Thanks!!

Old 04-14-2015, 02:32 PM

28 posts, read 44,598 times
There are Colvin park by orleans in south Apex and Khovnanian near Penny Rd Cary. The Orleans' homes are under 450k and the Khov houses are in the upper 500k.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:51 AM

3 posts, read 3,141 times
Isn't anybody concerned about the nuclear plant on New Hill?

Old 09-12-2015, 09:55 AM

Omg! My mom lives in Salem Village. Love the big homes but the train where they are building the 2nd phase of homes is awful. I feel so bad for those poor ppl who bought those expensive houses. You Can't Even Hear YOURSELF TALK

Old 09-12-2015, 09:58 AM

Are there any Robuck homes being built in west Cary? I saw fab homes built by Robuck in 12 oaks but of course, the nuclear plant is there and that is a problem for me.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:30 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
The nuclear plant apparently isn't a deal breaker with all the development. I'm willing to bet people would live on the Shearon Harris campus if it fed into Green Hope or Davis drive school. Just sayin.... All jokes aside if there is ever a melt down it isn't going to matter if you live 5 minutes or 20 miles from it,your still screwed. I guess it's one of those fears that is more irrational then others that would actually effect everyday life. As for trains. I love the sound of a train going by. I currently can see or hear it 3 or more times a day. My noise issue is constant fire trucks and people who think I want to hear their cars music from inside my house. I sometimes think they sit at my stop sign until they get the bass tweaked just right.lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary