Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2008, 08:42 PM

4 posts, read 13,597 times

Advertisements

Hello me and my BF just moved to Clayton Im originally from MD and he is from VA we are looking to find a dancing school mostly wanting to learn latin dances like salsa or merengue any recomendation in the Raleigh area???please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 08:55 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathalie_r View Post
Hello me and my BF just moved to Clayton Im originally from MD and he is from VA we are looking to find a dancing school mostly wanting to learn latin dances like salsa or merengue any recomendation in the Raleigh area???please.

I think they are is Durham, but I have heard good things about CoboBrothers
They also sponsor a latin night every fourth Saturday of the month at the Jibarra Tequila Lounge in Raleigh on Six Forks Road. Here is a link to the event:Moderator cut: removed, please dm

I saw them give a demo at the "Taste of Durham" Festival this past summer and they were great. Here are a few pictures:

Salsa Dance Demonstration from the CoboBrothers Dance Sutdio

Bio Ritmo Salsa Band on the Festival Main Stage

Argentinian Tango Demonstration from Tangophilia Dance Group

Last edited by autumngal; 02-04-2008 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: links removed

Old 01-30-2008, 01:06 PM

3 posts, read 20,679 times
Hi, my girlfriend and I moved to Cary from Miami. We are looking for Salsa lessons as well but are not sure where to go. I have heard really good things about Paso A Paso dance co from a couple of co-workers of mine. They seem to love the classes there. I checked out their site but would like to hear from some more people.

I have also seen posts around this forum and others recommending classes from them. She has been begging my to learn dance for a while(arrghhhh!) ... any advice?

Help!( The Cobo brothers looked pretty cool as well, but I was a little turned off by the previous post which seemed too much like an advertisement!)

Roberto

Old 01-30-2008, 05:03 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltairesguide View Post
Hi, my girlfriend and I moved to Cary from Miami. We are looking for Salsa lessons as well but are not sure where to go. I have heard really good things about Paso A Paso dance co from a couple of co-workers of mine. They seem to love the classes there. I checked out their site but would like to hear from some more people.

I have also seen posts around this forum and others recommending classes from them. She has been begging my to learn dance for a while(arrghhhh!) ... any advice?

Help!( The Cobo brothers looked pretty cool as well, but I was a little turned off by the previous post which seemed too much like an advertisement!)

Roberto

Oh snap!

Don't be turned off because of my lame post. I am not connected to the cobo brothers in any way. I was just impressed by the demonstrations I have seen and was trying to be helpful by posting some links so people could get more info if they wanted. I didn't mean for it to come off as a cheesy plug. I am sure there are lots of other great places besides them to to learn latin dances in the Triangle. My wife is always trying to get me to go.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:21 PM

Excuse me then!

In that case, I appreciate the comprehensive info!

Old 01-31-2008, 12:38 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
North Raleigh Guy is like our local tour guide And he is a photograph junkie. If he was trying to sell things he would be selling neighborhoods, bars restaurants, and all the other things he takes photographs of

Voltairesguide, I understand your confusion though. It is hard to believe that there are people that are just nice and aren't trying to sell you anything. Look for more of NRG's posts (with pics). A picture is worth a thousand words. And NRG captures that in the Triangle.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 PM

4 posts, read 20,263 times
cobo brothers are probably the best in the area for salsa/mambo latin.

tangophilia and tangovita (used to be one, split, apparently amicably) are best for argentine tango.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:11 PM

Smile Found it!

Soooo...we finally settled on Paso A Paso! They are a charismatic couple and very thorough instructors. It was a choice between them or the Cobo's but since my girlfriend's family is Cuban and mine are Puerto Rican I needed something with a little more caribbean flavor to impress them with at our wedding! Our first dance is soon so wish us luck....

Thanks guys!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:18 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltairesguide View Post
Soooo...we finally settled on Paso A Paso! They are a charismatic couple and very thorough instructors. It was a choice between them or the Cobo's but since my girlfriend's family is Cuban and mine are Puerto Rican I needed something with a little more caribbean flavor to impress them with at our wedding! Our first dance is soon so wish us luck....

Thanks guys!
Best wishes!

Old 08-17-2008, 11:05 PM

2 posts, read 15,383 times
Thanks a lot for the positive feedback guys!

Man, we know that Paso has a very strong following but it wasn't until we searched for ourselves that we found all of the good things people are saying on the internet!

Ultimately, it's because of all your positive feedback that we have become the only dedicated Salsa studio in the Triangle..all within barely a year.

For those wanting lessons in Cary, we will be opening ANOTHER studio there as well so stay tuned...

Thanks again!

Eduardo
[url]http://www.pasodancestudios.com[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary