Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:48 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,917,461 times

Advertisements

Dang, Dave - you're fast, or I'm slow...

And - I'm so happy to hear your good news; and don't get me wrong, but....DUKE??? LOL, just kidding!

Anyway - I also live in Ravenstone - and Dave was a huge help to me when I was looking at options. We have the same floorplan, so it was so helpful to see what he had done with his place.

We've only been living there for a week now, but I haven't heard any airport noise. Of course, I lived about the same distance from the Cincinnati airport at my old house, so maybe I'm just aclimated to airport noise...but I doubt it.

I also can't help too much with schools; we have one child, she's going to turn 3 next month, so we've got a little while. I have heard Durham schools aren't the best - but I also learned that due to the Ravenstone subdivision, and the others ones going in nearby, that the builders had to pay for 2 new schools to be built. We're hoping those are coming on-line about the time we'll be needing them.

I think the area is awesome, close enough to RTP for me, but I can drive out the back of the subdivision and see horses and cows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 10:43 AM

140 posts, read 621,327 times
Ravenstone here too, I beleive Dave from Jersey and I live on the same road. I also follow a Mazda with NJ plates out to 540 most mornings so that must be your wife dave.

My wife and I have been very happy with the area, everything we need/want is close by.

Another board member just bought in Ravenstone and she was saying that with the pace that phase 3 is selling at the builders are looking to buy more land for a potential phase 4.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 AM

315 posts, read 1,255,993 times
Thanks arsbadmojo. I told my wife we have to paint half the house NC Blue, and the other half Duke blue. How did the move go?

MH, my drives a Nissan. lol Do you live on Weathervane?

Old 01-28-2008, 11:00 AM

I asked John Wagner (one of the KB Homes Sales people) about a phase 4, he said they were looking at buying more land, but he wasn't sure which way it would go.

Sort of off topic, but as we were unpacking Saturday we didn't feel like cooking by the time we realized that we were hungry, so we drove to the "PPW Pizza" place in Ravenstone Plaza.

The pizza was pretty good; a thick crust but not dense - very airy. Chewy inside but with a bit of crunch on the outside. The wings weren't bad, but not great. Probably could have used another 60 seconds in the fryer, and the "Classic Buffalo" sauce should be Frank's RedHot and Butter - nothing else; and I think they strayed off that path.

Then they serve them with carrot sticks instead of celery. And you know it's not a real wing joint because they have ranch sauce available for dipping. Oh sure, they have blue cheese too, but ranch shouldn't be allowed in the same building.

So I give the pizza an 8 and the wings a 6.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM

Check out Wild Wings Cafe in Brier Creek. I'd rather drive over there then get the wings from PPW.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in jersey View Post
Thanks arsbadmojo. I told my wife we have to paint half the house NC Blue, and the other half Duke blue. How did the move go?
Hahaha, I think the HOA might not find that as funny as I do.

The move was (and is) total chaos. We're finally to the point where we at least have a decent idea of what's in what box. Getting TO it is another matter entirely. The kitchen is pretty well set though, so that's nice. My tools and the garage are going to be no fun whatsoever.

I hung 11 sets of 2" faux wood blinds, 5 ceiling fans, 4 curtain rods, and a wall mount TV stand. My office looks exactly like a tornado ripped through.

The wife is already complaining about the closet.

Got DirecTV late last night. Internet through TWC and we're giving digital phone service with them a go as well; happy with it so far.

I just sent another e-mail to my movers trying to schedule cardboard box removal because we've got enough empties now that we can't get to the full ones too easily anymore.

We're going to have a little party once the boxes get taken away, hopefully within the next few weeks - I really hope you and L can make it, and if you can't we'll have you guys over for dinner another time soon.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:24 AM

I was waiting for a phone call to help out.

I just got rid of the last of our boxes last saturday. Had to take the to the recycle center because they wouldn't take them with the cans and plastics.

I was thinking about having a party too. I don't know if you have met Ryan and Renee yet, but they live behind you to the left. We were over their house for New Years eve. I was thinking of inviting them, you guys and some friends from Clayton over.

Maybe Machine Head would like to get together also.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:27 AM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times
Default Standard features changing, reducing

Hi, I've just started speaking with some of the folks from Ravenstone, and while I am still interested in this community, I think you need to know that their "standard features" are, for the most part, no longer going to be standard. The list isn't finalized yet, but this is the gist of it according to Tracy Levitt:

"Ravenstone has always had the highest standard features of any KB neighborhood in the Triangle so that is why it is of note that their standards will be changing. The following features will no longer be standard at Ravenstone:

Gas Fireplace w/Mantel and Slate Surround
Double marble sinks in the master bath
Painted wood stair railings on the first floor
Hardwood Foyer Entry
Three telephone outlets (as opposed to two)
Pre-wired for garage door opener"

Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 AM

I'm not surprised ibeg4sushi. With house prices coming down, I'm sure it was either offer less standard features or lower their base price. And I'm glad they didn't lower the base price. That would hurt the existing home owners house values.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:45 AM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in jersey View Post
I'm not surprised ibeg4sushi. With house prices coming down, I'm sure it was either offer less standard features or lower their base price. And I'm glad they didn't lower the base price. That would hurt the existing home owners house values.
I agree Dave. I don't always like the normal "standard" options anyhow. For example, the painted stairrail....maybe I look woodworking (which I do) and I'd rather stain it to match my furniture? ;D Having lived in Italy, I'm also no longer a fan of marble! Too much trouble. Which floorplans do you like/ are you considering?

Angie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary